Page 11 of 14 [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2011, 1:42 pm

Asperger Syndrome of course and a nightmare disorder some anxiety Ive learn to control that though as for the frequent nightmares I have that's something I can not control it happens every day some times i am afraid of going to sleep knowing that I am going to have a nightmare that is going to keep me up for the rest of the night and that just sucks

LuckyLeft
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2011, 4:03 pm

Official Diagnosis's: PDD-NOS, Obstructive Sleep Apnea

Unofficial: ADHD, OCD, Avoidant Personality Disorder

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2011, 3:47 pm

Let's see......My formal diagnoses include( if I can remember everything): AS, Major Depression, Schizotypal Disorder, Dependant Personality Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Partner Relational problems, and some more I don't remember, now.
I WONDER if I might have ADD and maybe OCD.
That's all I can think of; but I believe that's more than enough to deal with. :( :tongue:

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2011, 3:50 pm

I also do need a CPAP machine when I sleep.
I am normal weight, but will wake myself up snoring if I don't wear it.

ebot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2011, 9:28 pm

I am one day away from taking the MMPI-2 to see what else, if anything, is going on.

glasscasket
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2011, 1:13 pm

Besides AS, I also got diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder, an eating disorder (currently in remission), and PTSD.

godoftruemercy
Toucan
Toucan

27 Sep 2011, 4:05 pm

Hah. I'll even do it properly.

Axis I: Dysthymic Depression
OCD
Axis II: ASD
Axis III: Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Dysgraphia
Dyscalculia
Parietal Anoxic Injury
PCOS
Mononucleosis that just keeps coming back, dear God. It can do that.
Babesiosis (Educate yourself, Northeasterners!)
Autonomic Disorder
Rule out Lupus
Axis IV: STRESSSSS

Axis V: I don't actually want to assess my global functioning or I might cry. My room's a pit of despair, I'm behind on work, hiding from my friends, rejecting all dating offers...wowza. I'm a hot mess. But my hair looks sassy today, so there's that.

RandomNickname
Raven
Raven

27 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

AS, OCD, Social Anxiety + Psychotic Depression (PMD).

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 11:06 pm

I had Hyperlexia as a child. I spontaneously learned the alphabet at the age of 2 and to read at 4, but didn't speak regularly until I was 5 or so. I also learned elementary math operations (+, -, x, ÷) before I began kindergarten. I was excellent at spelling and pronunciation, but had trouble following any plot line beyond a second-grade level until I was in 6th grade. I was born in 1984, so my lack of speaking capability as a little kid got me diagnosed PDD-NOS since we didn't know as much about autism then.

No physical disorders, but I was very thin until my mid-20's.

(I used alt+246 to get the ÷ symbol.)

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 5:35 pm

The only thing I've been officially diagnosed with is Aspergers, but I've been suspected of maybe having Bipolar disorder by one of my doctors. My Mom refused to listen to him and made me switch doctors, but now that I'm older I think I can see some of the Bipolar traits I have. I often go through periods where I have high levels of energy, almost like a manic phase, and then I get extremly depressed and don't want to do anything. Plus I find it weird that this medication I take called Risperidone which helps me a lot is commonly used for people with Bipolar.

If I really do suffer from Bipolar Disorder it could explain some of the crazy behavior I have occassionally. I'm sure some members on this forums who remember some of my older posts will remember some of the crazy things I used to ramble about before I calmed down, and I know that every now and then I go back to doing it.

Maybe the fact that I'm so mild mannered in real life is why my Mom has refused to consider that I might suffer from it, my grandfather and aunt both have it and they act a lot worse than I do (only because they're open about it). Maybe I should explain some of this to my current doctor and see what he has to say and then maybe my Mom will listen.

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2011, 12:57 am

Other than my AS, I've been diagnosed with psychosis and post-psychotic depression.

happydorkgirl
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

Psychologically I've had many diagnoses over the years - but I'm apparently dealing with bipolar II along with Avoidant and Obsessive-Compulsive personality disorders.

Physically speaking, I have numerous severe allergies (environmental, medication, food, metal...) and asthma.

ETA: I was also hyperlexic (taught self words at 15 months, reading books at 18 months), am synaesthetic, and have perfect pitch.

Curiosity
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Oct 2011, 2:22 pm

Fibromyalgia/CFS, Anxiety, Depression

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 1:48 pm

I have intense social anxiety that I've managed to work through, I have intense insomnia from time to time, dyscalculia which I've also managed to work through and symptoms resembling bipolar disorder but I don't think I actually have it. I also have hyperlexia.

In the past I've struggled with dissociative identity disorder, foreign accent syndrome and repressed memories. All three have since disappeared or I've completely healed from.

My AS is extremely mild, as the only symptoms I have now are special interests, the inability to percieve social cues and body language by instinct, stimming, executive dysfunction and I very rarely have sensory overstimulation. Otherwise I can function perfectly fine and my social skills are actually decent despite a lot of stuttering.

ljumper
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

SoSayWeAll wrote:
But, I have synesthesia...which I wouldn't trade for ANYTHING. :D

Yes :-)
I always take it as a gift.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 1:37 pm

Synesthesia
Each letter of the alphabet has a gender and each persons face has a different musical note to it.