Do I sound Bipolar?
Yes 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
No 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10

RonWren
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2011, 3:03 pm

Recently I got down to thinking (I've gotten down to thinking a few times before and drew the same conclusion) and began to think that I might have bipolar depression.

First off, I notice patterns that run in my blood line: My grandfather usually lies in bed all day (drinks sometimes, or so I've heard) and my dad will sometimes think he should just stop doing things he likes, and submit to being society's b***h, and then sometimes he seems more confident or cheery then normal.

Secondly, I have periods of extreme highs and lows. During the low periods, I'll hate everyone, I don't want to wake up in the morning, and I do badly at things (often affecting my grades) during the high periods, I'll wake up an hour early to pursue an extreme interest, like study Japanese (my favorite past time) Build a model of Hogwarts castle, or build an army of robot out of legos. I'll also come under the illusion that I'm god. (or that I should at least be treated like a god) and I'll forget to eat sometimes. The ups and downs will last from about 6 hours to 6 days.

Also, I have Asperger's syndrome, which I read can act as a gateway disorder to things like this.

So what do you think, people of WP, Do you think I'm bipolar?

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 3:12 pm

It sounds probable, but you need to talk to a professional to get a real dx and get treatment if warranted.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 3:24 pm

Sounds like my family tree :roll: I agree with John, you should talk to a professional.

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 4:05 pm

You could well be. But it's up to you if you want to do anything about it.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 9:33 am

My guess would be rapid-cycling bipolar.

But I have a question. Does anything set off these moods? In other words, do you get down because something bad happened, or up because something good happened?

monkees4va
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2011, 2:25 pm

You could have just described me using your name right there. I have an alcoholic father, have rapidly changing mood swings and my obsessions only become obsessions during a high. I am curious to know if you experienced any childhood trauma as I am currently in the diagnosis stage of bipolar/cyclothymia OR Borderline Personality disorder, and as personally my Childhood was a bit F*cked up its harder to place my diagnosis.
My mood swings can be reliant on life events (like being rejected from my government for financial support and threatened to be made homeless, losing the love of my life etc) but I class them as normal depressive occurrences, although mine get verrrrry severe. However my highs don't seem reliant on anything.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

LornaDoone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2011, 9:13 pm

I think you need a professional opinion for a diagnosis of AS or Bipolar. I am not sure why so many people want a diagnosis from those they don't know.

You do have some traits of bipolar as well as other things I'm sure. The symptoms you mention could really be anything. If money is an issue on getting to see somebody, there are public health agencies. There are several community agencies that can help you discover what's up.

I understand that it is a relief almost to have a diagnosis. Gives justification of sorts for what you're going through. Take the time and do it right. Make sure you get a proper diagnosis.

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 7:50 pm

Yes I agree with everyone else, you need to see a professional. This is the type of thing you cant just self diagnose.

Do you have any pics of these models?!? I love Hogwarts. =)