Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Apr 2012, 10:29 am

people (mainly family) keep telling me that I have hypochondria. Which confuses me, I mean, I spend most of my time away from people, I never make a scene and don't want attention at all. most of my time is spent online, rarely talking to people on facebook or anything. I don't want to be dependent (even though people paying for my way in life would be pretty cool ^_^, but life is hard and that never happens). I don't want any sort of disease or syndrome, the depression, the anxiety, everything, is just something I want to go away. "I don't want all this! You take it!"

But I don't fear of getting a mental illness or a physical illness, I mean, I would not want one, but I don't worry about it as I bite my toe-nails. Being thought of as crazy does not make me scared. Being thought of as "normal" does not phase me either, unless people are being spiteful and saying a obviously abnormal trait is normal, than that just bugs me.

I know hypochondria goes with physical symptoms, but they use it in the context of both mental and physical symptoms. I also don't have Münchausen syndrome either.

It confuses me how people would think I have Münchausen syndrome or hypochondria, has anyone ever accused you of this?

AQ: 36