Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

I'm already seeing a psychologist, but I CAN'T wait that long, it's just once every two weeks and I'm obsessed with getting a diagnosis and I'm on this forum and some others all the time and I stay up reading about AS, AS & females, related disorders, etc. So maybe some opinions can calm me down?

Still confused about what disorder I have, but I already figured out that I'm not normal. So here some things I have (there's a shorter list under this one):

- No routine/order, but I would function and feel better if I had a routine. But I would need help to make one.
- My room is extremely messy, when I clean it up my mom gets mad because I 'over-organize' my stuff from one closet instead of really cleaning te place. The only thing that's not messy is my cd-collection
- I make lists to keep order in my mind. Now that I'm busy with trying to figure myself out, I make the same lists over and over again, and most lists are longer than 20 A4-pages (font size: 11). As if I'm trying to make the perfect list do describe something, don't know how to explain it better. I have lists of all the dreams I remember, all the movies I've seen, music charts, 'why I hate X' etc.
- If someone interrups me, I first ignore them, and if that doesn't work, I yell at them (sometimes as loud as I can).
- Anxiety has taken over my life - been anxious since I can remember, and have lots of different specific phobias.
- Slight problems with fine & gross motor skills
- I think I'm really sympathetic, but wondering if I lack empathy. For example, when I was 11, a classmate died, and when someone told me she was hurt, I thought she was physically tired from riding the bike when coming over to my house. I didn't feel anything when he died (but I did think it was tragic), and even didn't cry when my brother died (but I also thought it was terrible). I can't get emotional from the news but I do with some movies. I mistreated some animals when I was 10 BUT I have been a vegetarian later for 3 years. I can comfort people on msn, but it gets a LOT harder in real life.
- Sensitive to sound, heat and touch, emotionally sensitive - sometimes sensitive to light
- I hate drinking out of the same glass twice; douche gels that are red, pink, purple; dislike the number 7; (as a kid) hated tag; hot water on my hands; combing my hair; going to the barber/dentist/doctor; making appointments; when someone buys me food I like and it's slightly different than normal (but not with all kinds of food)
- Talking too loud when interested and enthusiastic, too soft when I'm not
- Androgynous looks & behavior, didn't want to wear tight clothes, + I wasn't interested in girly things (I was interested in, for example, Pokémon, Dragonball Z, drawing, website building, (lucid) dreaming, computers in general, SNES,...)
- No sense of fashion
- I look like a 15-year-old, but I'm 20 in a few weeks
- Need a lot of approval
- Social anxiety, I do care of what people think of me, but I don't know what they're thinking. Also a weird combination of social anxiety with feeling superior to others.
- Panic attacks
- I did have imaginary play, but I don't know how often, since I only have few memories of me doing this (I can remember my childhood better than my parents do). My favorite things to do were drawing, Lego, ... drawing, checkers
- Feeling like I have to pretend to be normal
- Socially awkward, but getting worse with time because everyone seems to get better at it as they get older, but for me it takes much more time
- Obsessions, yes. With cartoons, psychological stuff, myself, a language, other people (this creeps people out), music, etc.
- When I'm alone, I yell, say random words that come to mind, have twitches, rock from side to side, and much more things, when I'm with other people I can be a lot calmer and just move my legs and make rhythms with my feet, teeth and hands, bite the inside of my cheeks etc. As a kid I would pace a lot or draw on everything or 'freak out' when they tried to push me into something I didn't want to do.
- Mood swings - from very very depressed to quite happy
- As a kid I didn't do my homework cause I couldn't see why, I already understood everything
- I can make eye contact, but I prefer not to do it as much as other people do, and it feels really awkward. I can't see if someone feels bad by just looking at their face, unless they really are crying.
- Feeling like having no 'deep' emotions, then exploding
- People see me as naive or paranoid, never normal :lol: not using gestures and my body language doesn't match how I feel, according to friends. So I don't know how to flirt, how to see someone's flirting, for example. I even don't know when people want to have a conversation, or want me to be with them etc. Annoyed by people wearing 'masks'
- I'm not social, I have my few friends and place them over everything, most of the other people leave me cold. Never had a boyfriend/girlfriend. There was a time I THOUGHT I had a lot of friends, but this wasn't the case since they all dumped me in just one day.
- Apparently could read in kindergarten, but parents did not know until a speech therapist told them
- The people I live with describe me as egocentric, selfish (but I don't know whyyy), stubborn, not social, weird
- Sometimes, when I play the guitar, or draw something, I can focus for hours, and when I stop concentrating it feels like waking up from a dream
- Sometimes I get so scared I don't feel connected to this world anymore, don't know how to explain. It goes on autopilot.
- Sometimes people talk to me but have to repeat it 3 or 4 times because I wander off
- Bad at small talk, only talk to strangers when they take the initiative and I don't feel comfortable around them. It takes a lot of time to trust people, sometimes people see me as friends, and I still see them as strangers
- I had my first imaginary friend when I was 14

In short:
-Anxiety (getting worse as I get older), social awkwardness getting worse as I get older, passive behavior, obsessions (BUT the oldest obsession I remember = 7 yrs, unless you can count drawing), depression, not knowing how I feel when I'm not feeling depressed, physically and emotionally sensitive + general weird behavior, lotssss of daydreaming, specially as a kid

The thing is, these things all get worse with time. But maybe that's because all of the changes in my life in the past year... As a kid people would describe me as weird, now they would definitely say I have some sort of disorder. Specially my close friends are really worried about me, and are afraid I will take my own life someday.

Last edited by Ddddd on 18 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 1:18 pm

what about both? 75% of people with aspergers could qualify for an ADD diagnoses. I have add and I know I have aspergers

wokndead
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

Yeah ADD is frequently comorbid with AS.

"Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried slamming a revolving door."

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 3:55 am

Ddddd wrote:
I'm already seeing a psychologist, but I CAN'T wait that long, it's just once every two weeks and I'm obsessed with getting a diagnosis and I'm on this forum and some others all the time and I stay up reading about AS, AS & females, related disorders, etc. So maybe some opinions can calm me down?

Still confused about what disorder I have, but I already figured out that I'm not normal. So here some things I have (there's a shorter list under this one):

- No routine/order, but I would function and feel better if I had a routine. But I would need help to make one.
- My room is extremely messy, when I clean it up my mom gets mad because I 'over-organize' my stuff from one closet instead of really cleaning te place. The only thing that's not messy is my cd-collection
- I make lists to keep order in my mind. Now that I'm busy with trying to figure myself out, I make the same lists over and over again, and most lists are longer than 20 A4-pages (font size: 11). As if I'm trying to make the perfect list do describe something, don't know how to explain it better. I have lists of all the dreams I remember, all the movies I've seen, music charts, 'why I hate X' etc.
- If someone interrups me, I first ignore them, and if that doesn't work, I yell at them (sometimes as loud as I can).
- Anxiety has taken over my life - been anxious since I can remember, and have lots of different specific phobias.
- Slight problems with fine & gross motor skills
- I think I'm really sympathetic, but wondering if I lack empathy. For example, when I was 11, a classmate died, and when someone told me she was hurt, I thought she was physically tired from riding the bike when coming over to my house. I didn't feel anything when he died (but I did think it was tragic), and even didn't cry when my brother died (but I also thought it was terrible). I can't get emotional from the news but I do with some movies. I mistreated some animals when I was 10 BUT I have been a vegetarian later for 3 years. I can comfort people on msn, but it gets a LOT harder in real life.
- Sensitive to sound, heat and touch, emotionally sensitive - sometimes sensitive to light
- I hate drinking out of the same glass twice; douche gels that are red, pink, purple; dislike the number 7; (as a kid) hated tag; hot water on my hands; combing my hair; going to the barber/dentist/doctor; making appointments; when someone buys me food I like and it's slightly different than normal (but not with all kinds of food)
- Talking too loud when interested and enthusiastic, too soft when I'm not
- Androgynous looks & behavior, didn't want to wear tight clothes, + I wasn't interested in girly things (I was interested in, for example, Pokémon, Dragonball Z, drawing, website building, (lucid) dreaming, computers in general, SNES,...)
- No sense of fashion
- I look like a 15-year-old, but I'm 20 in a few weeks
- Need a lot of approval
- Social anxiety, I do care of what people think of me, but I don't know what they're thinking. Also a weird combination of social anxiety with feeling superior to others.
- Panic attacks
- I did have imaginary play, but I don't know how often, since I only have few memories of me doing this (I can remember my childhood better than my parents do). My favorite things to do were drawing, Lego, ... drawing, checkers
- Feeling like I have to pretend to be normal
- Socially awkward, but getting worse with time because everyone seems to get better at it as they get older, but for me it takes much more time
- Obsessions, yes. With cartoons, psychological stuff, myself, a language, other people (this creeps people out), music, etc.
- When I'm alone, I yell, say random words that come to mind, have twitches, rock from side to side, and much more things, when I'm with other people I can be a lot calmer and just move my legs and make rhythms with my feet, teeth and hands, bite the inside of my cheeks etc. As a kid I would pace a lot or draw on everything or 'freak out' when they tried to push me into something I didn't want to do.
- Mood swings - from very very depressed to quite happy
- As a kid I didn't do my homework cause I couldn't see why, I already understood everything
- I can make eye contact, but I prefer not to do it as much as other people do, and it feels really awkward. I can't see if someone feels bad by just looking at their face, unless they really are crying.
- Feeling like having no 'deep' emotions, then exploding
- People see me as naive or paranoid, never normal :lol: not using gestures and my body language doesn't match how I feel, according to friends. So I don't know how to flirt, how to see someone's flirting, for example. I even don't know when people want to have a conversation, or want me to be with them etc. Annoyed by people wearing 'masks'
- I'm not social, I have my few friends and place them over everything, most of the other people leave me cold. Never had a boyfriend/girlfriend. There was a time I THOUGHT I had a lot of friends, but this wasn't the case since they all dumped me in just one day.
- Apparently could read in kindergarten, but parents did not know until a speech therapist told them
- The people I live with describe me as egocentric, selfish (but I don't know whyyy), stubborn, not social, weird
- Sometimes, when I play the guitar, or draw something, I can focus for hours, and when I stop concentrating it feels like waking up from a dream
- Sometimes I get so scared I don't feel connected to this world anymore, don't know how to explain. It goes on autopilot.
- Sometimes people talk to me but have to repeat it 3 or 4 times because I wander off
- Bad at small talk, only talk to strangers when they take the initiative and I don't feel comfortable around them. It takes a lot of time to trust people, sometimes people see me as friends, and I still see them as strangers
- I had my first imaginary friend when I was 14

In short:
-Anxiety (getting worse as I get older), social awkwardness getting worse as I get older, passive behavior, obsessions (BUT the oldest obsession I remember = 7 yrs, unless you can count drawing), depression, not knowing how I feel when I'm not feeling depressed, physically and emotionally sensitive + general weird behavior, lotssss of daydreaming, specially as a kid

The thing is, these things all get worse with time. But maybe that's because all of the changes in my life in the past year... As a kid people would describe me as weird, now they would definitely say I have some sort of disorder. Specially my close friends are really worried about me, and are afraid I will take my own life someday.

Oh this sounds a bit like me. Except for some things. I don't have a diagnosis either but I'm obsessed with figuring out what's wrong with me. Pretty sure I'm not "normal."

Dreamslost
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Mar 2012, 3:45 pm

as with many of us, things will start to add up and tracking even loosely helped i believe with doctor official diagnoses and i think that reshapes or tosses a lot of prior diagnosises. So combine many aspie things, with chronic moderate to severe depression you have me. Add in Multiple Sclerosis and chronic migrains too :? Who knows wht else is in me, i may make a laboratory study for wierd but some offices and labs are worse for me and a cemetary is good place to recenter. Other people tend to leave you alone around cemetaries. Sadly not one doctor has taken the time to really get to know me because at my age one session is tip of iceburg me

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2012, 7:44 am

Psychologist says it's probably ADHD predominantly inattentive type. You can also have obsessions and social problems etc. if you have ADD.