Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 1:49 pm

I recently became a victim of stalking, the most known stalker that says that Dyscalculia is fake on some of my posts and dmed me the same thing. I blocked and reported that person so many times, but that stalker has history of creating too many accounts to bypass the block and started to annoy me. I once snapped at my stalker, threatened against my stalker and my situation didn't end well, and I was suspended from Reddit because of that. I no longer have that problem for now.

I learned that stalker's behaviors is very strange, and I learned that when I show anger against that stalker, that stalker takes it as a food and begins to harrass me even more, even though I am suspended from Reddit, but then that stalker left me alone for now. That makes me worried that stalkers have a symptology of Erotomania. Their behavior is unhealthy.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 1:52 pm

I'm not sure that sorta stalking is the same as erotomania though, it seems like it's just harassment.

Unless they're harassing you with proclamations of how they have a romantic relationship with you or are acting like you've spurned them by not knowing about the relationship of their delusions.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 1:57 pm

I am sorry that I said that, I just worry that stalking behavior and criminal behavior at a certain type of point is unhealthy.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 2:06 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I am sorry that I said that, I just worry that stalking behavior and criminal behavior at a certain type of point is unhealthy.

I'd say you're absolutely right about that.

I was just pointing out that lots of stalkers aren't motivated by erotomania.

"Many of us like to ask ourselves, What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?' The answer is, you're doing it. Right now." —Former U.S. Airman (Air Force) Aaron Bushnell

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 2:14 pm

If it's any consolation, I can say from experience that dyscalculia isn't fake.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 2:29 pm

I have found it best to ignore the stalker-----so you don't provide the stalker with "food."

And don't give out your personal information on the Internet.

And make sure your security settings are up to par.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 2:49 pm

Thank you!

Dyscalculia is a documented and a scientific proven neurodevelopental disorder.

It's just called Specific Learning Disorder now.

It's just behavior of stalkers looks so similar to Erotomania, not that they all have Erotomania.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 4:24 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I recently became a victim of stalking, the most known stalker that says that Dyscalculia is fake on some of my posts and dmed me the same thing. I blocked and reported that person so many times, but that stalker has history of creating too many accounts to bypass the block and started to annoy me. I once snapped at my stalker, threatened against my stalker and my situation didn't end well, and I was suspended from Reddit because of that. I no longer have that problem for now.

I learned that stalker's behaviors is very strange, and I learned that when I show anger against that stalker, that stalker takes it as a food and begins to harrass me even more, even though I am suspended from Reddit, but then that stalker left me alone for now. That makes me worried that stalkers have a symptology of Erotomania. Their behavior is unhealthy.
"Erotomania, also known as de Clérambault’s Syndrome, named after French psychiatrist Gaëtan Gatian de Clérambault, is listed in the DSM-5 as a subtype of a delusional disorder.  It is a relatively uncommon paranoid condition that is characterized by an individual's delusions of another person being infatuated with them." -- Wikipedia

Your "stalker" does not seem to be under the delusion that you are infatuated with him.  Instead, he seems to be just another cyber-bully (or "Troll") who has found a victim to torment.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2022, 5:25 pm

That makes more sense, it's just that my stalker's behavior is very similar to Erotomania, not that my stalker has it, as I can't know for sure.