Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

8bitKnight
Raven
Raven

20 May 2013, 5:31 pm

I get these periods when nothing seems to be going right and maybe it starts with a bad day at work. Like last Tuesday I forgot some things I needed to do and couldn't focus then from there when I got hoe I didn't want to do anything except stair at the ceiling or something. Then the next day I seem to be better but the day after I am again in a bad mood and unable to concentrate on anything and I just want to do nothing. Anyone else have periods like this with nothing that seems to go right that put you down?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 5:49 pm

quite simply, yes. but the only thing that ever "hit the reset button" for me was to just go outside and exercise like a demon. sheer physical exhaustion from hard exercise hits the reset button.

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 5:53 pm

Yes sometimes a bad day can make it all seem so terrible. Do not be too hard on yourself.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 8:26 pm

Well, you make chiptune and that's righteously awesome. The AS neurological makeup can't exactly withstand nonstop work that way - you should probably listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4vxyF89hyI

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 8:28 pm

Hmmm, things have been going wrong for me for the last 67 years, or more. Well OK, it actually started when I was born. One munute it was dark and wet and warm and the next I was being squeezed out of a tube into a cold, bright place where someone grabbed be by the feet, held me upside down and started hitting me on the behind. From there on things just got worse. :(

Remember, there are no such things a good days. It's just that some aren't quite as bad as others.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 8:42 pm

AspieWolf wrote:
Remember, there are no such things a good days. It's just that some aren't quite as bad as others.

well, at least be thankful you got to retire.

ScottC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 May 2013, 1:01 am

i've found being busy takes my mind off of the depression but doesn't fix it.. but trying one of these usually do:
1. exercise...walking...fresh air..sun.
2. meditation..relaxation...very slow breathing
3. write down a list of things you want to get done today, make a schedule or plan for today. doing this visually really seems to help.
4. write down names of all the people in your life this week, what's happening with them..and things you could do for them

8bitKnight
Raven
Raven

21 May 2013, 10:04 pm

I don't know, I like walking but it doesn't really help. When I do something like heavy exercise that would really exhaust me, that would only give me a good nights sleep then the next day nothing. For meditation I can't really concentrate on it for long periods of time. As for there are no such things a good days, wouldn't that make you more depressed, knowing that?

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 10:08 pm

Exercise releases endorphins & does make a person feel better:)