Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:35 am

I recently finished seeing a thereapist, and at the end of the last session, she told me she thought I had ADD.

I sort of agree with her, I would just like to know if it's autism as well. I figured I should give it consideration, so I went to lurk at an ADHD forum. A lot of the posts were from people with hyperactivity, and I don't relate to that at all, so I went to the ADD section.

There were two things I learned from this:

1. I miss the lengthy conversations that take place on WP. It's the only place I know where it's ok to be long winded.
2. The ADD forum was full of these women talking about how they were given grief for being expressionless.

So the question is: is being expressionless something that comes with ADD, or are these women just aspies who are misdiagnosed because they mask well?

Btw, before people start telling me I should listen to my therapist, this woman believes that all autistics are neat freaks and that all autistics have trouble with eye contact all the time. It's obvious she doesn't know much about autism. And I have spent three years obsessively researching it......... :ninja: