Lesbian/Gay Bi or other Queer Aspies(positive posts please)

Page 4 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2010, 6:38 pm

Me? I like to classify myself as 'straight, but not as straight as most straight girls.' Not bisexual enough to have an actual relationship with a girl, but it doesn't mean I can't think about it every now and then ;)

Mok
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Feb 2010, 3:17 am

kiwi wrote:
rmgh wrote:
Mok wrote:
emilyh wrote:
I think we should ask for a separate LGBT subforum on wrong planet.Theres quite a lot of us about, it would be nice to have somewhere like that to discuss things :)

It would be great if we had something like that on Wrong Planet. Then again, there is also an entire site devoted to us (Gay Aspie).

Is it a forum where we can discuss all our difficulties and dilemmas we have because of Asperger's on top of the already difficult situation of living in a world so against non heterosexual people?

sure :P Join up..

its lively its raw.. its free :) upload pics and share your story.

I have, thanks for the plug Mok..

www.gayaspie.com :)

You're welcome.

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2010, 10:53 pm

wow... new signature :P

and so... I went to the gay bar on saturday night...

what an experience...

but in other news.. women wanted to make me bi :P hehe...
almost fell in too.. lol... Anyone else had similar moments?

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 7:27 am

Over 90-95% of the time, I'm attracted to females, only occasionally to males, & when that happens, it's usually only on TV. Because of that, I consider myself a lesbian, though I understand that lesbians aren't supposed to be attracted to males at all lol. So I understand a lot of people might want to argue with me about the fact that I call myself a lesbian. But still, "bisexual" certainly doesn't fit me as it implies an attraction to guys that would be far stronger than the one that I have. When I imagine my life in the future, I imagine it with a wife (if it's ever legal where I live) or at least the equivalent, & possibly children. Therefore, I could either refer to myself as a lesbian, or as nothing. I'm also completely inexperienced, due to my lifetime of very severe social anxiety & years of isolation. My sexuality only makes my chances of ever finding someone even less possible than it already is. Especially around here.

Solsikke
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Apr 2010, 3:46 pm

lyricalillusion, if you consider yourself as a lesbian then you are a lesbian :)
Dont care what other people say about you.

Last edited by Solsikke on 08 Apr 2010, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 8:44 pm

versatile, if given a chance

leithen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2010, 9:22 pm

Hi, gay and aspie, here. I'm happy I found this forum. Sometimes it's a little hard and exasperating to be here in New York City, where things shouldn't be difficult at all for gay people, and to have to cope with my social clumsiness... any time there is even a remote possibility that I can meet somebody interesting, I just freeze. Just starting talking to a new person is such a challenge.
Sometimes, I feel like an alien in the city, even though I love it. I have tried to find a place in the gay community, but it never worked. And I am definitely sort of too intellectual for most typically "gay" situation. Add that I am too clumsy to dance... I am NOT saying that other gay people are superficial, etc. It's perfectly okay for them to be as they like, and I am sincerely happy for them. But I just wonder: are there many other people in my situation? I think there are quite a few on this site...
e.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 4:19 pm

I hate being gay.

leithen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2010, 10:34 pm

hey rmgh, hating is definitely a strong word... can you elaborate?

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2010, 2:38 pm

leithen wrote:
hey rmgh, hating is definitely a strong word... can you elaborate?

Sorry, I just realised, this thread says "(positive posts please)".

But, basically, I don't like being the subject of an international joke, quite possibly the biggest one of all and it really isn't funny. I don't like being automatically judged and socially 'pigeonholed' and I don't like being required to affiliate myself with a certain lifestyle and personality (I'm not saying there's only one, here) Plus, I don't like keeping a huge secret.

End of negativity. Sorry again.

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Apr 2010, 10:59 am

ilivinamushroom wrote:
I have found that there are various threads for us on WP I would like to request this be made as a sticky so we can more easily find eachother. This is important as we are a double minority and WP is the only place I have found other queer Aspies actively posting. I would like to let you all know of a yahoo group I discovered it has alot of potential but is not very active http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheOtherQueers/

There is a general dating thread but I would like to encourage you to post here you may never meet but atleast it gives a sense of community, connecting on the internet takes away all the social pressure. If anyone feels the urge to make an offensive post make it an exercise in self restraint. I am 32 always considered myself lesbian though I had a detour and now have 2 children I would like to find a non NT girlfriend though I have found the profoundly social ones work better to interpret the world to me and me to the world, and they are inexplicably drawn to me also .I am obsessed with plants and animal species ID my focus seems to be shifting to fungi/lichens mosses this happens in winter. I am a community college student living in southern Oregon. :colors:

I'm straight, even though I have friends in the GLBT community. It's good to see that there's a place on here where all folks have an opportunity to share about themselves and such. Doesn't matter what your culture/race, sexual orientation, "difference," age, or anything else. More power to everyone.

Dx'd with AS and AD/HD Combined in 2007

Interests: Music, great outdoors (beach/mountains), cooking/baking, philosophy, arts/sciences, reading, writing, sports, spirituality, Green, sus

Solsikke
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2010, 2:32 pm

JazzofLife wrote:
ilivinamushroom wrote:
I have found that there are various threads for us on WP I would like to request this be made as a sticky so we can more easily find eachother. This is important as we are a double minority and WP is the only place I have found other queer Aspies actively posting. I would like to let you all know of a yahoo group I discovered it has alot of potential but is not very active http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheOtherQueers/

There is a general dating thread but I would like to encourage you to post here you may never meet but atleast it gives a sense of community, connecting on the internet takes away all the social pressure. If anyone feels the urge to make an offensive post make it an exercise in self restraint. I am 32 always considered myself lesbian though I had a detour and now have 2 children I would like to find a non NT girlfriend though I have found the profoundly social ones work better to interpret the world to me and me to the world, and they are inexplicably drawn to me also .I am obsessed with plants and animal species ID my focus seems to be shifting to fungi/lichens mosses this happens in winter. I am a community college student living in southern Oregon. :colors:

I'm straight, even though I have friends in the GLBT community. It's good to see that there's a place on here where all folks have an opportunity to share about themselves and such. Doesn't matter what your culture/race, sexual orientation, "difference," age, or anything else. More power to everyone.

I agree :)

jy909
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Apr 2010, 4:47 pm

I have no attraction to women, and am a typical bitchy queen type gay. :twisted:

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2010, 6:32 pm

I'm straight mostly but with exceptions. I can recognise a hot/cute girl when I see one.
But at the moment the people who I fancy are both boys.

Solsikke
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Apr 2010, 3:08 pm

emilyh wrote:
I think we should ask for a separate LGBT subforum on wrong planet.Theres quite a lot of us about, it would be nice to have somewhere like that to discuss things :)

Good Idea :)

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2010, 6:46 pm

I am a gay aspie--a minority within a minority. It's sort of discouraging for me to feel alienated from the general community--with all the NTs, and the LGBT community. Naturally my having Asperger's makes me socially awkward in a sense that people from both communities won't have much to do with me. I can't help but feel like a reject of every social demographic I'm a part of--minus the ASD people, of course. :wink:

I don't mean to bring anybody down or depress anyone, but that's just the way I feel sometimes.