Lesbian/Gay Bi or other Queer Aspies(positive posts please)

Page 6 of 10 [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

OneLastBreath
Toucan
Toucan

26 Apr 2010, 3:38 pm

I am a transgender FTM Aspie. This poses many issues not only from a transgender point of view but even more greatly from an Aspie point of view. When transitioning you stick out like a sore thumb in crowd. In the begging of my transition it was very hard to get so many stares and points from people no matter where I went. Luckily I grew up in the Seattle area so people I think are little more understanding. Now that my transition is almost complete I don't really have to deal with the people just my own negative thoughts of not being a good enough man. It is hard dealing with multiple issues that puts you outside the norm. Now that I am so close to a full transition I have found the my new confidence of being a "real" man has helped with my overall confidence and I try to use that new confidence in my favor. It's all about one day at a time........while being yourself.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2010, 6:30 pm

Solsikke wrote:
rmgh wrote:
I feel like pretending to be straight is easier than coming out as gay and then try and get across to other people that my personality is not affected by this fact. Does that make sense at all?

Yes I understand you rmgh.

Thank you, Solsikke.

Solsikke
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Apr 2010, 3:04 am

rmgh wrote:
Solsikke wrote:
rmgh wrote:
I feel like pretending to be straight is easier than coming out as gay and then try and get across to other people that my personality is not affected by this fact. Does that make sense at all?

Yes I understand you rmgh.

Thank you, Solsikke.

You're welcome rmgh.
If you need someone to talk to, just pm me :)

helene
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2010, 11:40 am

I see I'm not alone by reading this thread, there's at least 3 other FTM aspies :). I realized that I'm FTM about six months ago, and have been openly bi/pansexual (I prefer the term pansexual but have found myself using bi to avoid having additional explanation required) since spring (some people)/fall (most people) 2008. I'd love to share experiences, I have felt pretty lonely at times...
Julien (formerly Helene)

Solsikke
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 May 2010, 11:57 am

helene wrote:
I see I'm not alone by reading this thread, there's at least 3 other FTM aspies :). I realized that I'm FTM about six months ago, and have been openly bi/pansexual (I prefer the term pansexual but have found myself using bi to avoid having additional explanation required) since spring (some people)/fall (most people) 2008. I'd love to share experiences, I have felt pretty lonely at times...
Julien (formerly Helene)

Hey Julien congratulation :)

Paganpothead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2010, 2:09 am

I am a bi aspie, guy. I like one my friends, I want more out of our relationship than just friends, but I don't want to loose one of the few friends I have. He is perfect for me though. I have trouble keeping my hands and eyes to myself when I am around him I don't want things to get uncomfortable for him. Any advice? Would I risk our friend if I asked him out? He already knows I am bi.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2010, 4:38 pm

Paganpothead wrote:
I am a bi aspie, guy. I like one my friends, I want more out of our relationship than just friends, but I don't want to loose one of the few friends I have. He is perfect for me though. I have trouble keeping my hands and eyes to myself when I am around him I don't want things to get uncomfortable for him. Any advice? Would I risk our friend if I asked him out? He already knows I am bi.

Hey, welcome.

What has made you feel that he is perfect for you? Do you think he would be ok if you told him how you feel? You could try that and if he's not interested, he might be fine with remaining friends.

Paganpothead
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2010, 7:16 pm

rmgh wrote:
Paganpothead wrote:

Hey, welcome.

What has made you feel that he is perfect for you? Do you think he would be ok if you told him how you feel? You could try that and if he's not interested, he might be fine with remaining friends.
we have almost exact interests and I always tend to enjoy myself around him, but I guess I will give it a shot when I muster up the nerve to ask.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2010, 8:40 pm

Paganpothead wrote:
rmgh wrote:
Paganpothead wrote:

Hey, welcome.

we have almost exact interests and I always tend to enjoy myself around him, but I guess I will give it a shot when I muster up the nerve to ask.

Good luck :D You probably wouldn't loose him.

Mok
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 May 2010, 5:19 am

rmgh wrote:
leithen wrote:
hey rmgh, hating is definitely a strong word... can you elaborate?

Sorry, I just realised, this thread says "(positive posts please)".

But, basically, I don't like being the subject of an international joke, quite possibly the biggest one of all and it really isn't funny. I don't like being automatically judged and socially 'pigeonholed' and I don't like being required to affiliate myself with a certain lifestyle and personality (I'm not saying there's only one, here) Plus, I don't like keeping a huge secret.

End of negativity. Sorry again.

I have no problem with hearing of real-world problems. Life isn't always positive, and I hate the expectation that everyone always has to wear a cosmetic smile. So please, no need to apologize for being "negative" (or, rather, honest). If we can't be honest here, then where?

irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

22 May 2010, 11:49 am

im not out but im hoping to do it in college.kinda scary coming out to prospective roomates.

Mok
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 May 2010, 4:05 pm

helene wrote:
Julien (formerly Helene)

Yay! Another one. I'm FTM bisexual too so feel free to message me.

Mok
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 May 2010, 4:06 pm

irishaspie wrote:
im not out but im hoping to do it in college.kinda scary coming out to prospective roomates.

I like your signature.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 4:17 pm

Mok wrote:
rmgh wrote:
leithen wrote:
hey rmgh, hating is definitely a strong word... can you elaborate?

Sorry, I just realised, this thread says "(positive posts please)".

But, basically, I don't like being the subject of an international joke, quite possibly the biggest one of all and it really isn't funny. I don't like being automatically judged and socially 'pigeonholed' and I don't like being required to affiliate myself with a certain lifestyle and personality (I'm not saying there's only one, here) Plus, I don't like keeping a huge secret.

End of negativity. Sorry again.

I have no problem with hearing of real-world problems. Life isn't always positive, and I hate the expectation that everyone always has to wear a cosmetic smile. So please, no need to apologize for being "negative" (or, rather, honest). If we can't be honest here, then where?

Thank you. I'm glad some people have that attitude.

Sceth
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 May 2010, 11:34 am

irishaspie wrote:

It depends on how liberal your college climate is (I think most are fine). In my freshman/first year of university, I just mentioned it when my roommates (whom I did NOT know until the move-in day) and I were writing up house rules. We're all guys, and we love each other.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 8:26 pm

I'm bi-curiously asexual.