Is there any gay guys with Asperger's here?...

Page 5 of 9 [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 12:49 am

jazz, showtunes and comfortable shoes are where it's at 8)

Ben92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2010, 12:35 am

Gay AS dude right here. Currently single, but working on it. :P

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2010, 1:45 am

Hello other gay aspie people.

kiwi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2010, 4:56 pm

nick007 wrote:
I'm not exactly gay but I LOVE gay music. ABBA & Celine Dion. are awesome I was bullied a lot in school for being gay even thou I never was interested in having sex with guys but one of my best friends was gay

Go Celine Dion :) so many memories eh ... for me it is playing it loud and singing with sea breeze in noosa :)

and arh some aspies can pull off gay :) not bad for a free drink at the bar.

8)

tristangoding
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2011, 4:24 am

Yeah, I'm a homosexual. Don't worry, you're not alone.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 10:41 am

Billi wrote:
I am gay and an aspie. Yes I don't like the word gay, homosexual too clinical, queer-ruined by act-up back in the early '90s.
being in a relationship I could avoid the label by just mentioning my partner, but now straight folks have usurped that one also. I like same sex attracted, but way too wordy. Gay is a cultural thing also, and I don't have that. I just like guys.

It's a little casual but how about 'other half'? I think most would understand.

Last edited by Mark198423 on 07 Feb 2011, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2011, 7:18 pm

I'm an Aspie and I think I'm gay. It's only been recently that I came to that conclusion. I guess since I felt most guys were expected to like girls I kind of ignored who I was really attracted to. It's kind of silly, considering I come from a very tolerant family and have a gay uncle.

It kind of worries me though as I'm not part of the subculture at all so I don't see how I'll be able to meet anyone. Noise and crowds are too hard on me for a club or bar to be an option.

As for people bringing up Christianity being intolerant of gays... I know that isn't strictly the case, but there are enough noisy people to make us fee uncomfortable. Not to mention the fact that I'm an atheist, so basically if I was open about who I was down in the Bible Belt, basically I'd be dead.

Oh, and as for music, I don't know that all of those would be considered gay. But certainly I love ABBA and show tunes.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 8:37 am

I'm a gay male aspie. I personally prefer the term "gay" over the term "homosexual" because the latter sounds sort of cold, and it seems to be more often used by people trying too hard to sound formal or "neutral" on the issue of sexuality, or whatever.

Anyway, I don't mind most aspects of the gay scene. Aside from the fact that I've been to a Gay Pride parade and didn't really enjoy it (too many people 8O ), I find myself to be quite a lot of things that most gay males are expected to be, anyway. However, I like to think of myself as effeminate and not flamboyant. I suppose one could classify me as the "shy gay guy" type.

vulcan80
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Feb 2011, 2:34 pm

I'm a gay (homosexual) aspie. I guess almost all lgbt aspies dislike the gay 'scene'. I dislike the gay scene too. Going to a club is usually a terrible experience. Being in a loud, dark place with a huge crowd is my worst nightmare.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 6:23 pm

I think it is a mistake to allow the word, "gay," to apply to too narrow a culture.

Yes, the bars, the tubs, the chatlines and the parades are prominent features of gay identity in today's cities, but I don't think that we should allow them to become the sole defining characteristics by abandoning the word to the twink on the circuit.

My partner and I have been together for 20 years. We own a house in the suburbs. We both have professional careers. We don't go to the clubs, but we are no less gay for all of that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

07 Feb 2011, 7:11 pm

visagrunt wrote:
I think it is a mistake to allow the word, "gay," to apply to too narrow a culture.

The word gay has been replaced with the phrase 16 year old boy with a cheesy mustache

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrJrw5ZZfRU[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

infidel7
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2011, 12:48 am

YUP!
1 more gay Aspie! But I actually prefer the term Queer, although I'm not trying to change anyone else's terminology, they're just words after all.

So, I've lived in a gay neighborhood in my large, gay-friendly city for several years, and I spend a lot of time with other gay guys. I've had a few relationships with NT guys over the years. I hang out at a cafe with a mostly gay clientele, and I still have a hard time finding potential mates. I think it's mostly because of my AS. I've also found that chatting with people online is just as hard for me as meeting dudes in person. So I've put up a profile on a dating website, and there are e-mails that are sitting there in my in-box and I'm too terrified to respond. This sucks.

Anyone have any suggestions???! !!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 4:16 am

infidel7 wrote:
there are e-mails that are sitting there in my in-box and I'm too terrified to respond. This sucks. Anyone have any suggestions???! !!

first of all, remember you are in control. you are the one who can read the emails and choose which ones to respond to, and in what matter you respond to each. what can it hurt to give it a try? if they are bothersome you can block them. just a thought.

epicafan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2011, 7:20 am

I'm a gay Aspie!! I totally want to find some others. Message me or respond here, and say hi.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 8:52 pm

hiya epicafan :)
welcome to this thing of ours 8)

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 9:03 pm

I'm a biromantic asexual, but I like men a bit more than women. I suppose that doesn't count though. D: