Page 2 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Bella1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2011, 6:16 am

Bella1 wrote:
Volodja wrote:
I think everyone's technically a bit bisexual (as in between 1 and 99 on a 0-100 scale) and people with As are probably slightly more likely to embrace that instead of just "being straight"

We might also be more introspective in general and therefore more likely to realise if we're bi.

This makes sense to me.

Thinking about this some more, it's probably to do with AS people being less likely to change their thinking to fit culture. So, NT's would be more likely to repress that part of themselves - this might be expressed later on as homophobia.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 9:05 am

hale_bopp wrote:
The whole "bisexual" thing these days should be taken with a grain of salt. It's really trendy to be bisexual now you know, and trying to pick out real ones is as pointless as trying to say whether one brain type is more bisexual than others.

According to an OK Cupid study, it should be a BIG grain of salt: 80% of self-identified "bisexuals" are really only interested in one gender, at least on the OKC site (scroll down to the bottom):

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-b ... ne-dating/

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 10:10 am

That doesn't mean they're not bisexual though

Most bisxual people have a preference one way or the other

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 10:31 am

Most bisexual people are just plain greedy. Or think diversifying their portfolio will make them a better lay.

Yeah, I went there into taboo land head first.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 10:55 am

A good rule of thumb is: If someone mentions being bisexual and doesn't go on and on about it, assume that they probably are.
If someone constantly mentions being bisexual, makes a huge scene everywhere, and acts like a Katy Perry song is somehow outrageously rebellious and shocking, assume that they're full of s**t and just wanting attention.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 1:10 pm

People that are honest with themselves are more likely to be honest about their sexual orientation.

vileseagulls
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2011, 3:35 pm

Xeno wrote:
A good rule of thumb is: If someone mentions being bisexual and doesn't go on and on about it, assume that they probably are.
If someone constantly mentions being bisexual, makes a huge scene everywhere, and acts like a Katy Perry song is somehow outrageously rebellious and shocking, assume that they're full of sh** and just wanting attention.

Yes, that is exactly it. Thank you.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 4:21 pm

Volodja wrote:
That doesn't mean they're not bisexual though
Most bisxual people have a preference one way or the other

This. Exactly.
Different sexes bring different things, bisexuality is different shades of grey rather than black or white.

I personally am attracted to and have sex with both sexes, but wouldn't want to date a woman as on the whole I prefer romantic relationships with men and just sex with women...not that I'm some sort of chauvinist, it's just preference. I have a couple of male bisexual friends who are both very much into sex and relationships with men but one is married to a woman and the other seeks a female partner long-term - that doesn't mean they're not bisexual, it just means they either A. just so happen to fall in love with females over males, B. have a preference for females over males, or C. have a preference for females over males for a particular kind of relationship.

There is no truth to the generalisation that bisexuals are greedy.
Bisexuals are no more greedy than any other sexuality, being attracted to more than one sex or gender doesn't mean anything different to liking blonds and brunettes, liking both doesn't mean we get both, and bisexuals aren't all polyamorous....now they are greedy...but hey; more power to them!

Nice little True/False post on Bisexuality from Scarleteen - Bi the Dozen: A Bisexuality Quiz

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 4:38 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
The whole "bisexual" thing these days should be taken with a grain of salt. It's really trendy to be bisexual now you know,

That's because:

1. Good stuff gets popular, and
2. WE RECRUIT! :twisted:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

28 Jan 2011, 4:39 pm

I think Aspies may be more likely to be bisexual because we tend to have a harder time making friends & finding partners. Being bisexual expands options

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

vileseagulls
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jan 2011, 4:43 pm

For the people who don't think bisexuality is valid or believable, I saw this article posted this morning: http://bit.ly/gDw8fN

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 5:45 pm

I subscribe to the Kinsey Scale. I understand people self-identifying themselves with a label (eg. straight, gay, bi, asexual) but I believe everyone is on the scale somewhere and there are very few absolutes. I think it'd be difficult to identify the likelihood of bisexuality in aspies v. bisexuality in NTs because sexuality is such a subjective and malleable thing.

At this point, I just figure people are who they are and they'll be attracted to who they're attracted to. I don't think this is something worth measuring, even if a definitive answer could be had.

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 6:27 pm

nick007 wrote:
I think Aspies may be more likely to be bisexual because we tend to have a harder time making friends & finding partners. Being bisexual expands options

If people chose to be bisexual then yeah that would make sense (although wouldn't everyone, aspie or not, choose to be bisexual then?)

People just ARE gay/straight/bi though. So unless sexuality is somehow biologically related to autism then I don't see how that would have anything to do with it

Also, if that were the case then bisexuality would be more common among male aspies I think

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

28 Jan 2011, 7:23 pm

Volodja wrote:
nick007 wrote:

If people chose to be bisexual then yeah that would make sense (although wouldn't everyone, aspie or not, choose to be bisexual then?)

People just ARE gay/straight/bi though. So unless sexuality is somehow biologically related to autism then I don't see how that would have anything to do with it

Also, if that were the case then bisexuality would be more common among male aspies I think

I don't think sexuality is something people simply are. I've known a few women who became lesbians because of bad experiences with guys & I've known a couple guys who became gay because they couldn't get women. I used to be a perverted sexual but became asexual because of lots of things. I am proof that there is more to sexuality than simply being born that way

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 7:27 pm

OK sure :lol:

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2011, 9:20 pm

Bisexuality today seems to be skyrocketing with 80% of them being women. Is it trendy? Who knows? All I know when I look at dating profiles almost half the women say they are bi. For women it seems acceptable to be able to like both sexes but for guys it's usually either one or the other. That's the way it seems to be anyways.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."