Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kinako2
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Oct 2012, 12:59 am

I can vouch for Phoenix being #5 city for LGBTQ. Family life was very nice there. :)

Actually, felt pretty isolated living in the Seattle area, as I felt the factions pro-gay and pro-str8 were more extreme there (lived on the Kitsap side though). Hard to find a friend that didn't just wanna hook up, which was kinda depressing, not good when you're in Seattle. :wink:

RDOS: 178
SPIN: 49/68

jatok2013
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Oct 2012, 2:50 am

After Occupy fell apart; San Francisco is overrun by nasty bums and my partner says the Castro is less gay than it used to be. I'm noticing straight people in the bars more since I used to sneak in as an under-aged fun button.

Imapanda
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Oct 2012, 8:01 am

Minneapolis has the highest amount of LGBT persons as a percent of its population. (Where I live :p)

San Fransisco, while being in a horrible state, has the highest amount of LGBT living in it, obviously.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 9:00 am

Baltimore was fun and I miss it dearly.

madamehussein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2012, 3:17 pm

Time to widen your horizons?

I hear that Thailand, for instance has a vibrant gay community, they're also quite relaxed with gender roles and such ;)

Also, there "are" ppl here who's not from the U.Sm it's easy to get homeblind sometimes...

Vatnos
Raven
Raven

24 Nov 2012, 5:32 pm

Imapanda wrote:
Minneapolis has the highest amount of LGBT persons as a percent of its population. (Where I live :p)

San Fransisco, while being in a horrible state, has the highest amount of LGBT living in it, obviously.

If California is 'horrible' I shudder to think what that makes the rest of the country. I can count the better states one hand.

Billybones wrote:
A little closer to home, I've taken a liking to Asheville, N.C. In terms of size, it's more in my comfort zone, and I've found it to be a friendly and supportive community for LGBTs. For an outdoor-oriented person like me, there's just so much to do - skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain biking, whitewater kayaking - and the cultural amenities aren't bad either.

The only real downside is that outside the city, the surrounding rural areas tend to be extremely conservative and religious - many counties in N.C. and S.C. have gone so far as to pass laws declaring homosexuality "incompatible with community standards".

Asheville is awesome. It is a small college town though. Very isolated. The Raleigh-Durham area is much larger, probably a better place to set up camp. Charlotte is also perfectly decent. It's outside the cities that things get ugly in NC. It might be the least terrible state in the south, but that is a very low bar to jump over.

JessieBirdie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Dec 2012, 5:16 am

Waffle88 wrote:
I live in Madison, WI and it's a very good place to be gay. We have bars, sports teams, etc and you can walk down the street holding hands and nobody will care. Heck, people waiting at a stop sign to let a gay rights march go past will cheer you on instead of getting frustrated that they have to wait.

I can concur with this statement after going to Madison for just three days for business. The place seems obscenely liberal (YES!! !), more so than my hometown only about 30 minutes out of New York City--and more so than NYC, xD.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2012, 4:07 pm

I would say SF another alternative would be Mountainview there's a gay bar down the road from where I live I don't go there because I'm strait though.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

EtherealBallet
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Dec 2012, 8:50 pm

I heard that Toronto has a LGBT district. Not sure what that means exactly but sounds gay friendly. Canada I assume would be rather ok because same-sex marriage is legal here. I was quite happy to learn that.

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jan 2013, 9:05 pm

Well for me I live in a small town in Michigan just outside of Flint, and Michigan is HORRIBLE. We are like the 3rd on a list of 5 of the most unfriendly lgbt states. So NOT here lol. If ya wanna stay in the states, I would want New York City, San Fran, LA. I will someday move out that way. I just can't *be* here. Now outside the states, there is always Canada. Amsterdam I heard is nice.

AS, OCD, ADHD - Diagnosed
PTSD - Undiagnosed
<"May the Gods have mercy on you for I shall show none...">

Finny
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2013, 12:37 am

I live in Massachusetts, and it is a pretty liberal state. Boston is gay friendly. If you want to visit a cool earthy-crunchy, hippie, gay friendly city, look into Northampton, MA! It's a pretty cool place! We also have Provincetown, which is a great place to visit in the summer!

Finny
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2013, 12:40 am

I live in Massachusetts, and it is a pretty liberal state. Boston is gay friendly. If you want to visit a cool earthy-crunchy, hippie, gay friendly city, look into Northampton, MA! It's a pretty cool place! We also have Provincetown, which is a great place to visit in the summer!

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jan 2013, 2:02 pm

thatsrobrageous wrote:
NEW YORK CITY :D

I was actually considering moving there since I live on the East Coast. Not sure yet, just a thought.