Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

DragonKazooie89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2013, 9:51 pm

I believe I am. I can find both guys and girls cute but not enough to want to sleep with them and when I have time to myself, it just doesn't seem right when I try to fantasize about someone, where the person is male or female, real or fictional.

SnickieX
Raven
Raven

11 Oct 2013, 3:20 am

In short, since the details aren't too family-friendly, I wish I was asexual, or at least would find a (I don't know whether or not I should put nearly here.) asexual partner. Simply because it over-rides my brain, and I just quit thinking rationally/logically.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2013, 1:22 am

I'm honestly not sure at this point, I'm not sure if I'm just incapable of thinking in a sexual matter or I'm damaged from my past and repress my sexuality.

Yayoi
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Oct 2013, 5:57 am

I feel like I fall within the grey area. Experience sex drive and attraction from time to time, just not enough to identify as fully sexual. Always have romantic attraction no matter what, but the idea of a physical relationship does often creep me out, especially if noises and dirty talk are involved, since I just find it disgusting, dehumanising and don't understand how anyone could get turned on by that. Maybe I just don't think about it much because I'm not in any sort of romantic relationship and my current crush (who I feel attracted to romantically, just not sexually) lives overseas and we haven't met face to face, but if we were in a proper relationship, I'd probably think about it a lot more.

Vectorspace
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 8:45 am

Virtually, yes; I have conditioned myself to be like that, so I'm not sure if you can call it an "orientation".

Specifically, I am physically attracted to women, but I have no desire to get in anyone's pants. I guess, though, that under that right circumstances, I could (re-)gain that desire.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 9:14 pm

Nope. I've had more than enough sex in my life so far to balance out this forum for all of you A's. :p

But I do go through periods where I'm simply not interested in sex & have an ultra low/non-existant sex drive. Then there's been periods where it's the opposite and I have more than my fair share.

In the very long run I hope to find balance in a long term relationship, but that's not quite on the horizon just yet - too many other goals to focus on first before I'll even really consider it. (Unless my crush decided he'd date me, then things would change.)

ReiAime
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Nov 2013, 7:49 pm

I consider myself demisexual; in definition it's very similar in the case of not feeling sexual attraction to either gender, however...I do feel romantic attraction to both genders, and get "turned on" from time to time, lol.

Your Aspie score: 183 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 27 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

ringobingostarr
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Nov 2013, 2:54 pm

Yep, asexual (or maybe demisexual... I'm not completely sure yet) and genderfluid too.

greyrobin
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Nov 2013, 1:16 am

redrobin62 wrote:
Nah. You're not alone. I'm there, too.

Wow, seems we have more similarities than I have thought! =) Nice to meet you!

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2013, 4:51 pm

Yet another here. :)

idiocratik
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 9:09 pm

Sex has never been important to me. I have aesthetic attractions.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 7:50 pm

I feel like I am, but don't want to say it because it makes things a lot harder for me in the long run. I want to believe that it's the SSRIs that I'm coming off of that caused me to not want it, but really I don't see things in a sexual light at all, and think it's all a bit gross really. I dunno if I would feel differently if I had a sex drive at all. I was on it since I was 14, and I wasn't really able to process sexuality before 16-17 so I don't know if it was there before or not :/
I would really rather not be asexual if I am, as I have a boyfriend who isn't and I can't make myself have sex if I don't want it (not that he asks for that at all, just pressure I feel for myself). I feel romantically for my boyfriend, but not sexually for him or really anybody at this point.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 12:05 am

I'm a very sexual person, normally, but I've been through a period in my life where I was disgusted by sex and had no desire for it. I think I understand asexuality a bit because the world is an annoying place when you don't desire sex. People assume things about you and you feel alienated. I think of myself as an 'ally' for asexual people. I think there is still a long way to go in terms of society accepting different sexual orientations.

melysllew
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jan 2014, 4:43 pm

How did you work out that you were Ace? I know a lot of people find this hard to answer, but I think I am but am not sure how to tell. P.S. I'm 16 (if that makes a difference)

You are very likely an Aspie

Concept
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2014, 9:21 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
I'm a very sexual person, normally, but I've been through a period in my life where I was disgusted by sex and had no desire for it. I think I understand asexuality a bit because the world is an annoying place when you don't desire sex. People assume things about you and you feel alienated. I think of myself as an 'ally' for asexual people. I think there is still a long way to go in terms of society accepting different sexual orientations.

That sums up how I feel. At the moment due to taking HRT and several other issues, I'm not exactly on the lookout for lots of sex. It makes me feel like an outsider sometimes.