Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

NateRiver
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2013, 1:17 pm

I'm a 15 year old girl and I was having a love affair with this 19 year old bisexual girl. We were really flirty with each other and our conversations were of the sexual nature. I really liked her and she said she liked me too. She began ignoring me and it annoyed me.

I later on found out the reason why she was ignoring me she said :-" If you were here right now I would strip off, kiss you and take you to bed and never let you sleep. It's wrong, illegal I can't feel this way. I suggested us to be friends but she didn't want too. She also said I was deleted off skype because she was scared for she was beginning to like me a lot. be Following this, we returned back to our usual flirty conversations.

She's ignoring me again and this time I don't know what to do. How should I feel? What were her real intentions? Did she really like me?

She said she wouldn't ignore me again.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 2:47 pm

If you are just about anywhere in the United States, any sexual relationship you enter with her could end up in her being convicted of statutory rape with a possible lengthy prison sentence.

Is there is any state where a 15 year may legally consent to sex with a 19 year old? I don't know of any.

CranialRectosis
Raven
Raven

25 Jun 2013, 2:58 pm

I am a 44 year old Aspie. I am also a former methamphetamines addict, clean for 18+ years.

Now that I am older and have the means, I like to reach out and help people who are in the deep dark hole of addiction. However, I recognize to this day, I love meth. Because of this, when I help out, I ensure that I am NEVER alone with an addict in a place where I may be tempted to partake.

I keep myself away from the temptation. It limits my effectiveness in some ways but it protects my very 'soul'. It also allows me to be better friends with those who most need a friend.

Consider your friend's life if she were 'caught' with a minor. Consider her conflictions and how she would feel about herself if society called her a monster or a rapist for being with you. Her life would be over. Society would separate you. Your love would never survive. Does she 'ignore' you because she is conflicted and needs to stay away from the temptation you represent or risk losing her 'soul'? I can't say.

I'm not saying your love is wrong. I am libertarian and do not support puritanical laws like those dictating how humans make love.

I am suggesting that in this case, her wisdom may be protecting you both and your friendship and any hope you have for future love.

I recommend you stick it out. Be friends but not too close. Wait until you have the magic birthday. If your love is meant to be, it will be waiting for you and it will be FAR better than anything you can have today as you will know for certain that it is based on friendship and trust. If you wait for each other and remain friends you will never ever have to ask "What were her real intentions? Did she really like me?", ever again.

If you can't keep the friendship alive long enough, you have only lost out on heartache.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 5:28 pm

^ This person spoke wisely.

NateRiver
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jun 2013, 6:52 pm

CranialRectosis wrote:
I am a 44 year old Aspie. I am also a former methamphetamines addict, clean for 18+ years.

Now that I am older and have the means, I like to reach out and help people who are in the deep dark hole of addiction. However, I recognize to this day, I love meth. Because of this, when I help out, I ensure that I am NEVER alone with an addict in a place where I may be tempted to partake.

I keep myself away from the temptation. It limits my effectiveness in some ways but it protects my very 'soul'. It also allows me to be better friends with those who most need a friend.

Consider your friend's life if she were 'caught' with a minor. Consider her conflictions and how she would feel about herself if society called her a monster or a rapist for being with you. Her life would be over. Society would separate you. Your love would never survive. Does she 'ignore' you because she is conflicted and needs to stay away from the temptation you represent or risk losing her 'soul'? I can't say.

I'm not saying your love is wrong. I am libertarian and do not support puritanical laws like those dictating how humans make love.

I am suggesting that in this case, her wisdom may be protecting you both and your friendship and any hope you have for future love.

I recommend you stick it out. Be friends but not too close. Wait until you have the magic birthday. If your love is meant to be, it will be waiting for you and it will be FAR better than anything you can have today as you will know for certain that it is based on friendship and trust. If you wait for each other and remain friends you will never ever have to ask "What were her real intentions? Did she really like me?", ever again.

If you can't keep the friendship alive long enough, you have only lost out on heartache.

She doesn't want to be friends.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2013, 7:03 pm

I think you're better off not torturing each other then with these feelings.

CranialRectosis
Raven
Raven

26 Jun 2013, 9:37 am

"She does not want to be friends."

As in she does not want to be JUST friends or in that she does not want to have a mutually caring friendship with you at all?

Love is the result of friendship. Friendship is the result of mutual respect.

If there is no mutual respect, if what you feel is purely physical, she is right to ignore you for both your sakes.

If there is no friendship, EVERYTHING else is a hazardous waste of time. It is a gamble you can never win regardless of your age.

Since I can only get one side of this story, I must point out that it may be entirely because she loves you and is your friend that she ignores you. She may be playing the part of a 'big sister' and trying to spare you some heartache, but only she can say. Her actions from your postings may be interpreted either way.

My advice still stands. Stay friendly but do not get too close. Limit alone time and expect her to do the same. Things may change in the future. If the two of you keep the lines of communication open and friendly until such time as it is possible to pursue a loving relationship, you may find the love of your lives.

Due to current circumstances, you are compelled to wait it out or abandon the ship. Since you are young and since it is so hard to re-board a ship that has been abandoned, I recommend you wait this out and see.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jun 2013, 11:26 pm

when you are 16 it will be legal.

from her actions she is fishing. pulling you in and then letting you out. she is trying to confuse and make you need her. you may try to pull away and see if she chases.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 7:05 am

Darkone101 wrote:
when you are 16 it will be legal.

Maybe, maybe not. It depends where they live. In my state the age of consent is 17 and in some states it is 18.

There was a news story about a similar situation recently where the older girl got arrested.

http://www.queerty.com/watch-fl-teen-arrested-for-same-sex-relationship-considers-plea-deal-20130523/

ASDsmom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 7:51 pm

I think you need to take the law seriously because if an adult were to find out about the affair (and people always find out) they can report her. Maybe she likes you or maybe she's infatuated with you. She is clearly doing the right thing and I think you should help her out and give her that space in return.

When you're of age, maybe you can reconnect then.