Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LR103104
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2014, 6:41 pm

i feel like i have too many exclusive categories, and am now alone, ha , i would be interested in talking to someone who has the similar kind of situation as i

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 7:49 pm

hi, from one atheist to another.

HeathLoxton
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2014, 10:45 pm

Hi,
why did you contract HIV in the first place? - there is such a thing called "safe intercourse"! !!

cheers, Heath Loxton :)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 11:05 pm

I apologize for heath.

HeathLoxton
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jan 2014, 11:34 pm

no cathylynn,
people contract HIV not by accident but through unsafe intercourse, that is without protection. gay people are more likely to get it due to their methods of intercourse.

it is not an accident, it could of been avoided in the first place though safe sex!

it is no ones fault but your own, I am not trying to be rude or offensive. I am just politely trying to point out the truth. everyone can make decisions.

cheers, Heath :)

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 12:03 am

Welcome to WP LR. The trolls here usually aren't this bad.

Heath: So, if your mother has it when pregnant with you, then? Or, a medical error? Your assertion is false on it's face.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 12:08 am

HeathLoxton wrote:
no cathylynn,
people contract HIV not by accident but through unsafe intercourse, that is without protection. gay people are more likely to get it due to their methods of intercourse.

it is not an accident, it could of been avoided in the first place though safe sex!

it is no ones fault but your own, I am not trying to be rude or offensive. I am just politely trying to point out the truth. everyone can make decisions.

cheers, Heath :)

for someone not trying to be rude or offensive, you are succeeding. I'm sure the OP knows how he got HIV and doesn't need his nose to be rubbed in it. your advice is not bad. your timing is.

we don't know how he got HIV. he could be a health care worker who got it via a needle stick. maybe he was in what he thought was a monogamous relationship and the other guy cheated and gave him HIV. heath, you make a lot of assumptions and have little empathy.

HeathLoxton
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2014, 3:24 am

I do know that HIV can be contracted through contaminated needles as per drug users, tattoo shops or in clinics and it can also be contracted through inheritance but it can also be contacted through same sex intercourse. its the truth!! !

and why would someone want to post this on a public forum, its PRIVATE information that others DO NOT need to know about!! !

cheers, Heath Loxton :)

Arcanyn
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jan 2014, 5:05 am

It can also be caught from opposite sex intercourse. Or by giving medical attention to someone with it who happens to be bleeding. Everyone who doesn't live their life in a bubble is at risk to some extent.

LR103104
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2014, 6:37 am

how i got it is not the issue for me,

it was from unprotected sex, i went to the hospital the day it happened, bc there is a drug, truvada, that when exposed prevents infection, but it costs over $1000 which i didn't have. the true irony is now my hiv is treated with truvada which i take every day costing $1000 per month. but none of that is important. ( invites for losers to judge,lol )

however my thing is that i have never had a boyfriend before, and now that i also have hiv, i find that there are even more barriers to making friends and maybe having a boyfriend one day.

i feel as though rather than trying to make friends and date ( which has always been my goal, and which i have never made any progress on) i should lern to not bother and just spend all my time alone.

but since i have stopped going out of the house, and have stopped socializing, i find that my heart aches ( yes literally ) so I'm not sure, and one thing i hate is going back and fourth between extremes

LR103104
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2014, 7:00 am

hi, fellow atheist =)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

so the reason why i posted something in this forum, is not for any reason except that think there probably are people here who do know what it is like to be isolated ( for whatever reason). the reason/s for marginalization is irrelevant when discussing the feelings of it.

what have people done?

has someone gone down the path of stopping all in person social contact? was is good? did it turn out badly?

should i change gears now and try for the millionth time to be social?

i got two invites for social things, but i turned them down bc of fear. i fear my neighbours, that they will complain about my dog barking if i am not home, and that this could lead to me being homeless again, which is my biggest fear.

even when i socialize it seems people are too aggressive and criticize every little thing i do. my clothes my mannerisms are the constant whatever ...........

then i am also critisied for not having answers to questions.

elioayla
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2014, 12:54 pm

Honestly, isolating yourself is not a good idea. You will end up aching for human contact. Some people may claim to be happy without talking to or being around other people, but most of them are flat out in denial.

There might be a group for Poz folks in your area. That would be a great place to meet new friends who would be understanding and not judgemental.

I worry about the barking issue as well, but from what I have noticed, they do tend to stop barking after about twenty minutes at the longest. As soon as they know you are not standing there, they don't see a point in shouting for you to let them out anymore. :) also doggie daycare is not nearly as expensive as it was before. Another thing you might look into.

LR103104
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2014, 1:05 pm

elioayla,
"" Some people may claim to be happy without talking to or being around other people, but most of them are flat out in denial. "" -- yeah okay maybe you are right, i do want people in my lif3, i just need to get a good mix :)

thanks for your thoughts and ideas , really

Solitudinarian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2014, 3:01 pm

LR103104 wrote:

however my thing is that i have never had a boyfriend before, and now that i also have hiv, i find that there are even more barriers to making friends and maybe having a boyfriend one day.

There are dating sites for people with HIV and other STDs. Online dating may be easier for aspies anyway, and it might help to have a partner who is in the same situation and understands what you're going through. Some of these sites are listed here: http://www.healthline.com/health-slides ... ting-sites

Solitudinarian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2014, 3:07 pm

elioayla wrote:
Honestly, isolating yourself is not a good idea. You will end up aching for human contact. Some people may claim to be happy without talking to or being around other people, but most of them are flat out in denial.

I can't disagree with that, but some of us only feel worse if we socially interact with other people. At least for me, being an island (populated by cats) works much better than the alternatives, even though it's not exactly ideal.

But LR103104 strikes me as a far more social person than myself, and I don't want to derail this thread :)

Solitudinarian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2014, 3:18 pm

HeathLoxton wrote:
... there is such a thing called "safe intercourse"! !! ...

Alas, there isn't. There is only safer intercourse, but condoms offer no 100% prevention against anything. The prevention rate of condoms is as low as 30% in case of some STDs (such as herpes & HPV). With HIV, it's something like 80%. Which is, of course, completely irrelevant to this thread.