Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

mikeyrobbie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Sep 2016, 7:49 pm

Hello all! I wasn't sure where this question should be posted, so I decided here. I'm a 24 year old Aspie, and I am pretty sure I am gay. I've known this for about 6 years now.

My parents are fine with my sexuality, but they tend to be overprotective of me, so my knowledge of GLBT topics is extremely limited. I don't have much in the way of GLBT educational resources to access at home. I was wondering if anybody could recommend some?

I'm not looking for anything graphic, or above a PG rating. More just something helpful that will help me explain who I am, and help me be safe around other people. My parents suggested I ask other people on Wrong Planet if there were any books or websites that educate people on the Spectrum about these issues. Thanks!

tanq
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Sep 2016, 3:14 pm

Even though it was started for friends and families of GLBT people, PFLAG is a great resource:
www.pflag.org/needsupport

If you're in or near a relatively large city, there should be city or county resources related to "men's health" that you can contact. They will have information about sexual health, and they often have GLBT support groups. You can probably find a phone number to call if you google "social services" for your city our county.

mikeyrobbie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Sep 2016, 4:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely check those out!

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2016, 7:37 am

is it okay if i ask what GLBT is? is it different from LGBT? because thats the one im used to, i dont know, maybe its another way of saying it (if so why use this way of saying it?).

theres a great website for asking stuff and talking about it ive found it to be very useful, theres even an anonymous section for when you dont feel comfortable with people knowing who you are user wise

http://www.emptyclosets.com/

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017