Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 1:28 pm

I have an Instagram account and follow a girl who I go to school with. When I am looking at her posts, I see in the comments stuff calling her lesbian. Someone once put a gay pride flag emoji in a comment. I am not sure if this is an inside joke shared only with her friends or if she is actually lesbian. She went out with a boy to homecoming this year and is Christian. I think that if she is actually lesbian, then she is hiding it from her family because they are devoutly religious. Devout Christians generally do not like homosexuality. If she were lesbian and I were to become close friends with her, I might come out as bisexual because I am. Do you think she is actually lesbian?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 2:30 pm

warrier120 wrote:
... Do you think she is actually lesbian?
Insufficient data. Cannot reach a conclusion. You will have to ask her.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

NovizioD
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jul 2018, 12:48 pm

I agree with Fnord.
It's better to ask her yourself (whether on insta or irl) than to try to figure it out based on clues you find on what she posts.
Good luck. :heart:

beady
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2018, 9:18 pm

Sounds a little dangerous. If someone asked me that question I would assume they had a reason for asking.

Strangelittlegirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Sep 2018, 12:00 pm

I think, in this case, yeah, I'd ask her. Consider the evidence - she's already posted things about being a lesbian, she can't really be surprised if you ask her straight out if that's a real thing. I think the challenge (particularly for us on the spectrum) is coming off as curious instead of judgmental about it.

I think how I'd do it is just ask her like: "Hey, I saw all the LGBT stuff on your page. Are you really a member of the community or an ally? Just curious." or something like that.