Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

neptunekh
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2019, 8:59 pm

I'm confused if I'm aromantic or asexual because I'm attracted to men but I don't want to date anyone because of my mental health issues.

PurpleReject
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Aug 2019, 3:18 am

Aromantic and asexual are part of the same spectrum, and many people are both, but they're not mutually exclusive. Aromantic means you are not romantically attracted to anyone, while asexual means you are not sexually attracted to anyone. You could be sexually attracted to people but experience/desire no romantic feelings for them, or you can also be romantically attracted to them but experience/desire no sexual feelings for them.

However, those are orientations, they're what you are naturally. When you say you don't "want" to date people because of a certain issue, that comes off more as a conscious decision not to engage in romantic and/or sexual relationships rather than experiencing an innate lack of interest. That sounds more like abstinence or celibacy.

Eric2971
Raven
Raven

15 Sep 2019, 5:44 pm

Romantic Attraction - Who you fall in love with regardless of sexual attraction.
Homoromantic
Aromantic
Heteromantic
Biromantic
Panromantic
Ect...

Sexual Attraction - Who you get your rocks off with.
Homosexual
Asexual
Heterosexual
Bisexual
Pansexual
Ect...

Quetiapine 300mg Morning
Quetiapine 100mg Night
Depakote 1500mg Night
Sertaline 75mg 2xDaily
Bupropion 100mg 2xDaily
Gabapentin 600mg Morning
Gabapentin 300mg Night

Imagine my therapist's embarrassment when it turned out they really were after me.;)