Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

AgentCROCODILE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2009, 6:10 am

Heck! I would like a few copies of No Line on the Horizon right about now!

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 8:57 am

I hear that U2 are releasing another album called Songs Of Ascent which from what I heard is due to be released in December as a sister album to No Line On The Horizon which will feature songs from the No Line sessions.

AgentCROCODILE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2009, 9:13 am

MrMacPhisto wrote:
I hear that U2 are releasing another album called Songs Of Ascent which from what I heard is due to be released in December as a sister album to No Line On The Horizon which will feature songs from the No Line sessions.

Hmm.. Also your user name is MrMacPhisto. This may sound stupid but are you DutchMacPhisto on Youtube? (I think Bono had a character MacPhisto at one stage too)

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 1:29 pm

No I am not DutchMacPhisto who is on You Tube

Yes Bono had a character called MrMacPhisto who he would dress up as dueing the Zoo TV tour in the encore section of the show.

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Apr 2009, 9:02 pm

i love u2 <3 :wink:
my fave songs are one, pride (in the name of love), new years day, and this one song i cant think of the name my teacher was playing it off the new album but its really really good :D

AgentCROCODILE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Apr 2009, 9:04 pm

kaitlyn_loves_music wrote:
my fave songs are one, pride (in the name of love), new years day, and this one song i cant think of the name my teacher was playing it off the new album but its really really good :D

I love those ones! Yesterday I came across a song called Holy Joe - I couldn't stop repeating the song for the last 9 or so hours:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS_5TmLO_kg[/youtube]

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 1:31 am

They are fantastic. I'm sad to say I haven't listened to the new stuff. It's now on the top of my to-do list.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 5:27 am

AgentCROCODILE wrote:

I love those ones! Yesterday I came across a song called Holy Joe - I couldn't stop repeating the song for the last 9 or so hours:

Yes I know Holy Joe I have got it saved on my iPhone it was the B-Side to Discotheque

AgentCROCODILE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Apr 2009, 6:14 am

MrMacPhisto wrote:
AgentCROCODILE wrote:

Yes I know Holy Joe I have got it saved on my iPhone it was the B-Side to Discotheque

The B-sides are always the best!

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 9:39 am

I don't know if anyone has ever heard these songs before

Saturday Night-An original recording of Fire
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghezf0YUujg[/youtube]

A Celebration-A song U2 released in the charts back in 1982 which wasn't released on any album until last year on the reissue of October
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBP64ZssRNY[/youtube]

Mercy-A song completly cut from How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb because they felt the song was too long
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJadJ_wNqAs[/youtube]

These are great rare U2 songs

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 4:15 pm

MrMacPhisto wrote:
A Celebration-A song U2 released in the charts back in 1982 which wasn't released on any album until last year on the reissue of October
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBP64ZssRNY[/youtube]

^ One of, if not my favorite U2 song.

AgentCROCODILE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Apr 2009, 9:26 pm

Here's another one - I think it was an outtake of "Lady with the Spinning Head [UVI]" and also was the base for "Ultra Violet"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFUkV37RLZA[/youtube]

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2009, 10:06 pm

U2 is one of my favorite bands.

I would put in New Years Day and listen to it over and over for hours. That song moved something deep in my soul. I remember back in the mid eighties before I knew who U2 was, but would hear this song on the radio. I would stop whatever I was doing and just listen to it. It was mesmerizing to me. Once I found out who they were, the War album was the first CD I ever bought. I still have that CD now after nearly 20 years. New Years Day is still my favorite song ever. Only one other song comes close to moving me like it -and it is another U2 song. (go figure haha)

Bullet the Blue Sky... it conjures images and brings out feelings in me. It has been awhile since I have connected with it. I think after I am done posting here, I will listen to it later tonight when I write some poetry.

11 O'Clock Tick Tock... I have a live version and something about it "right." I don't know how else to put it into words. That feeling comes over me and I feel right... feel whole.

Wire... the right time and the right mood and it will play over and over for hours. Love it.

I could list many more songs. Maybe later. :)

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 5:03 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ye8GLPUVsM[/youtube]

But that looks so good for the fan. 8O I personally think it's cool that Bono did that. :D

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 8:10 pm

I don't really care for U2 but I love telling Bono jokes.

Here's a Bono joke:
A good,honest and hard working guitarist walks into the gates of heaven. He See's Bono walking around the clouds.
The guitarists asks the naked male angel standing guard of the gate "When did Bono die?". The angel answers "That greedy bastard is still on earth". Then who the hell is that? Asks the good and honest guitarist. That is just God who is a massive U2 fan. He is pretending to be his rock idol agian.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2012, 7:34 am

:lol:

My favourite Bono jokes are Bono/The Edge jokes, one of the types of humour on forum.villiersterrace.com, for example, someone would say 'I'm just on the edge', and another person would say 'said Bono to Larry'. Or, there was a point in September when Ian McCulloch was being particularly narky, and people started making up reasons for fun, so someone jokingly suggested Ian's ex-wife got married, and another person said '...to Bono', so someone else said 'I thought Bono was happily married to The Edge', and someone replied 'He's over The Edge'. :P

[I personally think the reason of Ian's tantrum is that he heard that Ken Dodd died. Kudos to whoever gets *this* joke... :lol: ]