Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 2:44 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
sagan wrote:
Complete art geek. Fashion Illustration is my thing. Looove it.

this was as far as I got before I gave up

http://www.9headsmedia.com/9h.html

I love the human figure and draping in real life but I can never accurately mentally drape my ideas correctly on canvas or paper. I still love to draw my ideas out but prefer simple flats, especially on computer where I can mix and match different tops and bottoms, and occassionally add in various other props, photos, and things that build the theme, (thank you Polyvore: http://www.polyvore.com/ ) - but I only draw silhouettes when Im dreaming up a sweet concept. Do you use computer or do you sketch?

Haha thats so cool. Thats one of the books we used in school.

No I cant hand sketch to save my life, I would always fail drawing classes. I do everything on the computer. I just have a few body templates I drew for classes, and sketch over them. Or likewise, I will mainly design in flats. They are easier to understand and to draw =)

No but what you should try, which I find extremely helpful, and fun if your not that into drawing clothes on the figure, is buy a little mannequin. Or drape on a barbie (little mannequins can be expensive), just buy some fabric, cut it up and see what you come up with. Its sooo fun, and then you take pictures and draw over that... =)

Or collage, I collage the hell out of things. Really fun.

Hmmm now Im in a make stuff mood! =)

Nebulo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 3:15 am

I'm a photographer, but I don't want to share my works here because noone outside of my very immediate family knows of my AS, and I'd like to avoid the connection being made.

I do look forward to further discussions, looking forward to seeing the progression on that here.

I'm also a lover of critiquing other people's photos, as strange as that may sound, so if anyone would like some honest and thought out critique I'm more than up for it.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 3:27 am

sagan wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:
sagan wrote:
Complete art geek. Fashion Illustration is my thing. Looove it.

this was as far as I got before I gave up

http://www.9headsmedia.com/9h.html

I love the human figure and draping in real life but I can never accurately mentally drape my ideas correctly on canvas or paper. I still love to draw my ideas out but prefer simple flats, especially on computer where I can mix and match different tops and bottoms, and occassionally add in various other props, photos, and things that build the theme, (thank you Polyvore: http://www.polyvore.com/ ) - but I only draw silhouettes when Im dreaming up a sweet concept. Do you use computer or do you sketch?

Haha thats so cool. Thats one of the books we used in school.

No I cant hand sketch to save my life, I would always fail drawing classes. I do everything on the computer. I just have a few body templates I drew for classes, and sketch over them. Or likewise, I will mainly design in flats. They are easier to understand and to draw =)

No but what you should try, which I find extremely helpful, and fun if your not that into drawing clothes on the figure, is buy a little mannequin. Or drape on a barbie (little mannequins can be expensive), just buy some fabric, cut it up and see what you come up with. Its sooo fun, and then you take pictures and draw over that... =)

Or collage, I collage the hell out of things. Really fun.

Hmmm now Im in a make stuff mood! =)

lol thanks, I'll give it a try. I have a GI Joe though which is much much taller then a barbie so that'll be more helpful. And yes, I used that book too for a fashion sketching class that i passed with a D, (I deserved a low F, but the female teacher liked me and the other 2 guys in the class, not so nice to the other 20+ girls in the class). Tracing over a sketch saved me a few too many times, like I have good ideas but they come out better on a computer(mac + illustrator) then on a sketch pad. You should post up some of your work on here sometime = )

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 3:41 am

haruka wrote:
Making money? I am writing books currently. Books because I've written one (which isn't the best thing ever) and am writing one.

It's a little tough. Not the writing but the getting published. But I keep telling myself to just keep trying. The only way to succeed is to not give up (it's the case in my life anyway). Writing is the way that I will succeed artistically if I just put the time and effort in.

Drawing? I don't have the skill to imagine profitting from it. Music? I can't imagine having to go out and do shows ever.

Well I'm working on making a 3 - 5 track progressive house album which will feature trance, dubstep, D&B, and tech house remixes of those same songs as well. Making the tracks, the marketing, and the promotion are my strengths, but getting exposure and getting peoples attention in such a crowded market will be extremely difficult. I would also need to learn to DJ so I can play my material at local night clubs, and competing for an open spot at a venue that attracts the type of people who I want listening to my music would also be hard, but it is doable.

I hope to get discovered doing the following:
http://www.soundstosample.com/blog/how- ... demo-heard

Tips for electronic artists making a living off of their work:
http://www.soundstosample.com/blog/how- ... c-industry

I've been making beats recreationally since I was 14, its time I start turning this passion into a revenue stream, hopefully one I can turn into a career.

autisic2artistic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2011, 7:08 am

That is cool:D got any art posted

haruka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jul 2011, 10:40 am

LuckyLeft: Nice to see your drawing on DA. I want to add mine too. Though yours are original. Well done! Mine are just art I've drawn from emotive stills of animes I've liked.

Nebulo: Please feel to critique my photos on DA. Tdot77.

haruka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Jul 2011, 10:45 am

MarketAndChurch:
May I ask what you use to make music?

It is a life goal to start mixing my own electronica. I'm not sure what would come out of me as I like almost all forms of electronica. I know I have music inside me, it's just expressing it.

What programs do you use? Do you need more than a Mac? I have a macbook and a nice 88key midi keyboard grand piano.

Any suggestions? I have wanted this for awhile but have other projects on the go that I actually understand the requirements etc (like writing a book = pretty easy, I need a computer with word processing software, taking pictures = pretty easy, I only need a digital camera, etc)

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 10:45 am

Used to draw & paint, but have let it slide since photography has pretty much taken over my life.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

autisic2artistic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

haruka wrote:
MarketAndChurch:
May I ask what you use to make music?

It is a life goal to start mixing my own electronica. I'm not sure what would come out of me as I like almost all forms of electronica. I know I have music inside me, it's just expressing it.

What programs do you use? Do you need more than a Mac? I have a macbook and a nice 88key midi keyboard grand piano.

Any suggestions? I have wanted this for awhile but have other projects on the go that I actually understand the requirements etc (like writing a book = pretty easy, I need a computer with word processing software, taking pictures = pretty easy, I only need a digital camera, etc)

If you are a computer nerd linux is a good place to go for free cheap software and has lots of software for making music. You can try it out for free. I use only free programs now for my art.

autisic2artistic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2011, 10:59 am

Tomboy I think the same has hapened to me... Ive been really stemming on photography and let all the others slide... wouldnt mind trying again to get it together and make other kinds of art

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 11:10 am

Another "art geek" here (you can check out my stuff on my DA page, which is linked to in my signature here).

sagan wrote:

That sounds like a great idea. Why didn't I think of it?

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

autisic2artistic wrote:
Tomboy I think the same has hapened to me... Ive been really stemming on photography and let all the others slide... wouldnt mind trying again to get it together and make other kinds of art

Part of it is that I got into doing my own b&w film processing quite a few years ago. It fueled my interest in photography & pushed me forward towards the craft. I made my own prints, & even got into handcoloring. I don't do any of that anymore, as I have become strictly digital. Plus I don't miss the chemical smells, the mess, or that it's time consuming to go from undeveloped film to a viable print. But there are ways of melding photography & art into one vision using software. So I guess it's a natural progression in my case.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 7:59 pm

I think its soo cool you guys can make music, I wouldnt even know where to start. =)

So Ive set up a deviantart page with a few things.. Once I make more I will put them up =)
Fun I think I am going to get back to drawing. Haven't done it in a while..

http://saganwhite.deviantart.com/

autisic2artistic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jul 2011, 7:52 am

I should make a wrong planet group on DA for everyone

autisic2artistic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jul 2011, 10:45 am

I just made a new group on DA for everyone http://aspiewrongplanet.deviantart.com/ try it out

haruka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jul 2011, 10:51 am

Excellent! I have joined.
Thanks for the invite.

What kind of things should we post? Any thoughts?