Musicians who have (or may have?) Asperger's Syndrome.

Page 19 of 31 [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next

bombergal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

I have asperger's and am proud of the accomplishments I have attained in my music career (Am an elementary music teacher now).

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 1:28 pm

nolan1971 wrote:
How about Alice Cooper? :D

I don't know much about him, would you mind explaining?

charles52
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jun 2012, 8:57 pm

nolan1971 wrote:
How about Alice Cooper? :D

Don't think so. Even his stage personna is very extroverted, showman-like, even if it's "dark." and the real Alice Cooper is very outgoing, participates in celebrity golf tournaments, owns a nightclub here in Phoenix ("Alice Cooperstown," right by the baseball stadium). does interviews all the time.

See if your library can find a copy of "Billion Dollar Baby" by Bob Greene. Kinda hard to find, but a great rock 'n' roll book and a portrait of Alice as he was growing tired of the "Alice Cooper" character he had created.

Good entertainer, interesting person, but probably not an Aspie. Hey, we can't all be...

MillieRose
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jun 2012, 12:08 pm

I believe David Bowie is and John Lennon was, I also think Lennon was bipolar, both of them are big inspirations of mine :D

RichardKing
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jun 2012, 9:00 am

Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree.

Because he's very multi-talented, perfectionistic (certainly on stage he's in his own world, ..just like a kid!), his way of talking (very elegant) and he seems very rigid in the interviews.

I always think he has Asperger's Syndrome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj8BJH0kIdM&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Last edited by RichardKing on 23 Jun 2012, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

RichardKing
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jun 2012, 9:04 am

*Crosspost*

moonnymph
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jul 2012, 11:09 am

Adam Young of Owl City.

nomad32
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2012, 9:56 pm

I don't see it on some of these singers Elvis Presley? John Lennon? Jimi Hendrix? David Bowie? just because a singer doesn't feel like looking at Ed Sullivan doesn't really make them on the spectrum. Kurt Cobain is a wildcard I'm not sure anyone would know..now one guess I would make,Information Society who had 3 American top 40 hits in the late 80's
the lead singer kurt left music to design programs/video games he fits just about criteria.
I can't seem to figure out how to post a video on here but check out"Think" or "Walking Away" by Information Society on Youtube

Mayel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2012, 8:13 am

Glenn Gould...there's a possibilty. I've read a lot and seen so much about/by him....it seems plausible. At least more so than with others who've been suggested here. Then again, even if he wasn't, it wouldn't take away anything.
You can basically watch any video with Glenn Gould, you'll instantly see there's something different about him (whatever it finally was).

juanklennon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jul 2012, 8:11 pm

awes wrote:
I've seen surely a hundred interviews of him and and a long time studied John Lennon.
He definitely had aspergers syndrome or at least something with really similar symptoms.
he lived in his own world and was never interested in the world the otherones saw. In fact that doesn't mean that I think that one of these worlds is the "real" one.
´

he once did said he only had 2 friends in his life he said nowhere man was a song with wich he identified or watching the wheels he mentions everyone tells him he shouldn't act the way he does in working class hero mentions he can't understand the system how everyone else acts the fool on the hill ''he realizes they're the fools'' ''he never gives an answer but he does see the world spinning round (the things around him what people do)'' and he was diagnosed with dyslexia i don't really believe it was so i mean he was a genius after all

RedHouse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2012, 3:30 pm

about Jimi Hendrix, i don't think he was on the spectrum. i have never read anything about him suggesting something like that. a friend of him said he was the most obvious ADD case ever, whatever that's worth.

cant see anybody has mentioned Roky Erickson, he was diagnosed with schizophrenia in the late 60's and somewhat later ( I believe) diagnosed with asperger/autism. cant find the source right now, if anybody knows.

and Daniel Johnston, must be more than just manic depressive. anyone seen the documentary about him?

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 4:44 pm

Phillipa Brown who is Ladyhawke.

Ladyhawke is awesome and a very cute kiwi!

KayVeigh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2012, 2:04 am

Does anyone think that Philip Glass could possibly have Asperger's?

musicforanna
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 2:00 am

Todd489 wrote:
I think Kenna might have AS. A lot of his lyrics deal with internal conflict, feeling unheard/invisible, and, or course, the strong desire to get the hell away from it all. Plus, there's no way an NT could compose beautiful music and lyrics like that. Here's an example for those of you who haven't heard his stuff. That music video could easily be interpreted as being AS-related.

I wouldn't be surprised either. (I have one of his albums, will one day get the other ones)
Averick wrote:
I think Billy Corgan is. His younger brother is an autistic playwright.
The song, "Spaceboy" from Siamese Dream is about his brother, too.
I've heard about the few of us aspies who completely shave their heads
because of the vicious dichotomy of the ~ keeping hair/ losing hair ~ dilemma...
Well, BC also shaves his head to help 'curb his narcissism'. He tends to also
be a constant whiner, and is known to keep everyone at a distance with
snide remarks and alienating comments. Remember that b*tch Sharon Ozborne?
She remarked back in 2000 that SHE fired BC as a client because he allegedly was
making her sick.

Can a snotty, gangly, aspie-ego-queen musician really give you cancer?

[(X) Marked. Old area of fixation.]

Intriguing.
Lazarus wrote:
Since my diagnosis I've played the game of trying to decide who else has got it, and musically, one name stands out above all others. Moby.

Regarding Aphex Twin as well I'm pretty confident that yes, he's an aspie too. Both he and Moby are true solo perfectionists who tinker with a vast spectrum of styles yet all of which capture their own unique sound. I think it's fair to say a lot of EDM producers will be the same - in fact, I'd say it's probably an advantage :)

Moby is an interesting one to suspect.
CockneyRebel wrote:
Ray Davies of The Kinks AS
Mick Avory of The Kinks HFA
Craig Nichols of The Vines AS
Peter Tork of The Monkees AS
Ladyhawk AS
Susan Boyle HFA
Joe Cocker HFA
Janis Joplin AS

None of The Beatles were on the spectrum.

Jimi Hendrix wasn't on the spectrum. He had Manic Depression.

Always have suspected her to be a spectrumite too.

Kait

22 Sep 2012, 8:47 pm

Dnuos wrote:
Whatever the case, Courtney Love is autistic; She was diagnosed with it as a child. If my opinion matters: it's a good thing she doesn't bring it up much, I would hate to see her represent the autistic society. She would probably be the worst choice in picking someone to represent autism.

Really? Courtney Love is autistic? How come I didn't know that? I thought she was just suspected to have it as a child or something. I didn't even know she was legitimately diagnosed. Either way, I love Courtney Love and she most definitely did not kill Kurt okay?

Kait

22 Sep 2012, 8:52 pm

Bun wrote:
John Lydon?! Really on what planet does John Lydon strike anyone as having Asperger's?! 8O I'm sorry if I'm being out of line here, but it just reminds me of people who think being rude or an as*hole= Asperger's. Hypothetically if this is the case than Liam Gallagher definitely has it. But but... I really wouldn't think either has it.

Also, I had to comment on this.

I actually really like John Lydon. I think it's great how individual he is. He doesn't seem to care what anyone thinks, and he really seems to mean that too. Yes, he's rude, but I don't think he cares whether he's rude or not. He's also beautiful-looking and has a great sense of humor if you ask me. That being said, I couldn't picture him having Asperger's. He seems too outgoing and talkative and mean to be an aspie. And not awkward enough. He is obsessed with logic and the truth, which I guess you could say is an aspie trait, but a lot of non-aspies are like that too, you know. Yeah...not an aspie.