Page 304 of 393 [ 6287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307 ... 393  Next

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

12 Jan 2014, 11:51 am

It's been a little while since I've been on here. I finally got my lap top to running in near-pristine condition, so I've been doing a little overhaul and started drawing a lot.

This was done with India ink and walnut ink, both diluted with water for a watercolor effect. :D

[img][600:800]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/011/a/a/tumblr_mz9s52ct901sj3fp8o1_1280_by_geekyfries-d71ub34.jpg[/img]

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2014, 2:16 pm

The diluted ink looks great!

Ivy

I used a .005 black ink pen, a 0.5 and black, red and green brush tip pens for the finished product. The underdrawing was made with a .07 mechanical pencil (they do not dull!). Entire piece drawn on card stock . . . not as thick as bristol board, but it is very well priced. $6 for 500 sheets of the stuff.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2014, 5:01 pm

@ Makayla

I notice his facial proportions look less stylized and more naturalistic than your usual style. It came out great of course. It's always interesting to experiment with new styles once in a while.

Couple of inked linearts for WIPs (works in progress). Sorry for the blurry quality, for I took these photos with my iPhone at college. These two characters will be scanned in and colored once I get home. They're supposed to be a brother/sister pairing in a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting with a "tribal/barbarian" theme.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 7:59 am

Ikaba the Warrior Princess
Concept art for Ikaba, a warrior princess character from a post-apocalyptic fantasy world. This world once had several powerful and technologically advanced empires sprawling across it, but after a cataclysm everyone reverted to small tribes and chiefdoms while leaving their shattered cities to rot in the wilds. Anyway, Ikaba is the heir to her chiefdom's throne and likes to hunt in the jungle with her younger brother Tshiko, but that's all I know about her at the moment.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2014, 12:10 pm

Tshiko the Archer Prince
Concept art for Tshiko, a male character from a post-apocalyptic fantasy world. This world once had several powerful and technologically advanced empires sprawling across it, but after a cataclysm everyone reverted to small tribes and chiefdoms while leaving their shattered cities to rot in the wilds. Anyway, Tshiko is the younger brother of the warrior princess Ikaba, who is heir to their chiefdom's throne. They like to go hunting together.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2014, 6:51 pm

Hittite Spearman
This soldier's gear is based off the ancient Hittites who dominated the Anatolian peninsula (modern Turkey) during the later Bronze Age. They were actually among the first people in the Near Eastern region to manufacture iron technology in place of the traditional bronze. They are also known for their heavy chariots and their conflicts with the New Kingdom Egyptians.

Although I did use a reference for the Hittite soldier's clothing, I will admit that my portrayal of him as racially Asian (or Mongoloid) is artistic license on my part. In real life the Hittites spoke an Indo-European language and probably looked Mediterranean or Middle Eastern like most Anatolian peoples. However, some early scholars such as Archibald Sayce did claim they were Asian like Huns and Turkic peoples, and it tickles my artistic fancy to portray them as Asian anyway.

Maybe I should create a nation of Asian Hittite analogs for one of my historical fantasy worlds.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 11:05 am

I really like Ikaba the Warrior Princess,the background looks really great with her.She exudes power,a very strong lady.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2014, 11:50 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I really like Ikaba the Warrior Princess,the background looks really great with her.She exudes power,a very strong lady.

Thanks!

Look Me in the Eyes
Two arch-enemies from antiquity, an Egyptian queen and a Hittite warrior, have a hostile staring contest. Consider this a prelude to a battle scene between these two characters that I hope to draw soon.

The Hittite dude is supposed to look Asian, but Asian features are actually pretty tough to portray accurately from a side profile view. They seem more distinctive when you're looking at them head-on.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 12:48 pm

An Egyptian warrior queen fights one of her country's historical arch-nemeses, a Hittite warrior from ancient Anatolia. This is of course a fictitious scenario, as there's no record of any of the few female Egyptian Pharaohs coming into conflict with the Hittite Empire.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 11:04 pm

I have strep throat and so I have been feeling really fatigued. I did draw a little today, because I was tired of feeling like an inert potato. Too a bit out of me, but I think this illness affected my subject matter so bare with me.

Candy Death

Black red and blue ink with brush-tipped prismacolor pens.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 4:14 am

Chuwen the Man-Chimpanzee
Concept art for the Chuwen, a warlike race of sapient chimpanzee relatives with a Mesoamerican cultural flavor. I created these as a sort of villain race for one of my worlds, where they come into conflict with African human protagonists.

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 9:20 am

^Cool! Love the outfit!
Doctor Crobeci
Doctor Crobeci is undead. He generally does not care about this, but does ponder what it means about him. He has no sense of taste, smell, and touch. Despite this, he does well, what with him not needing to breathe. He also can heal wounds that would normally take years to heal in minutes, and can move pretty fast without tiring. His strength is enough to make his sword cut through even three inches of steel. His weapon, excluding it being an unbreakable weapon, is no more remarkable than an ordinary blade in terms of powers. He also doesn't have to worry about diseases or cancers which is why he sometimes smokes, along with the aesthetic appeal. He never talks very loud, and if his speech was written out, there would be no all-capital letter rages, or even an exclamation mark. He's mostly an introvert, and listens to classical music which can annoy some people.

Last edited by Anarbaculardrop on 18 Jan 2014, 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NTWTF
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2014, 12:43 pm

I would post an image here of my art but I can not cos this is my fist ever post and I have to wait 5 days and do 5 posts or something like that.
So in 5 days and after 5 posts I will gladly share my art with you.

Last edited by NTWTF on 18 Jan 2014, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 1:39 pm

Jungle Treehouse
If you live in a jungle with giant trees and prehistoric monsters, where else to build but high up near the canopy? At least the tyrannosaurs and raptors won't get you there when you're asleep.

LR103104
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jan 2014, 7:23 pm

i have two videos on youtube if you look up lr103104, i am new here so i need to post some before i can put up a link i guess.

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 11:09 pm

Vampire
Does/is not sparkle, drink animal blood, a Mormon, fanservice fuel, or angst.
Does/is make you crap your pants, drink human blood, laugh at religion, nightmare fuel, and creates armies of ghouls.