Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2014, 9:42 am

I stim by listening to music and rocking back and forth. I also fantasize about my alternate universe for hours and hours while I do this. I also sometimes listen to music while pacing, jumping, or doing repetitive dance moves.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2014, 10:00 am

In my opinion, it's the best stim!

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2014, 9:00 pm

On a good day the music will make my legs tingle and on a bad day I might trip over my own feet :lol:

SockySockington
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jun 2014, 2:07 pm

Holy mother of... I do the exact same thing! I thought I was alone, what a relief!

I have a very elaborate world in my head with original characters, some based on the voices in the music I listen to. I've done this since I was a child, and always thought there was something wrong with me. I mostly just pace around when listening to music and "creating stories", but sometimes during the really exciting bits I catch myself jumping around weirdly.

Now I wanna know more of your alternative universe o.o

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2014, 6:49 pm

I basically dream of being famous, meeting famous people, being older, and make up scandalous stories about myself or my family (I usually picture myself telling people about it. It's usually somewhat true but I exaggerate it in my head.) I also had characters when thinking of a script or book idea or my own lyrics.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2014, 5:30 am

I do this as well, listening to music and imagining.

It can be bad if you don't take precautions. I'm fairly certain that my hearing is damaged because of how loud I listen to music when I want to use it to drown out everything else.

Practice safe music listening.

My Blog
Deviantart Page

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 2:43 pm

I don't do it as much now as I did when I was a kid but stimming to music was a big big part of my life growing up. Of course, this was over 20 years ago and I never knew what stimming was, let alone aspergers.

WHOperhero
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2014, 4:42 pm

Yay, I'm not weird! I like listening to music while pacing around. Sometimes while I pace, I catch myself doing this weird thing with my hands as well. I recently started writing stories, and found that it can help me think of story ideas more quickly than just sitting at a desk.