Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Sep 2009, 4:29 pm

I only have "Court of The Crimson King" in my music collection but every now and then
I hear Fripp and Eno on Echoes on my local NPR station...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J_FvEqY--0[/youtube]

RhettOracle
Toucan
Toucan

12 Oct 2009, 10:50 pm

I'm a Crimson fan. I have many of their albums, although it gets a bit spotty after Thrak. I have them on vinyl, too, including "Earthbound," which was deleted from the catalogue. And more than one CD edition of several - three Crimson Kings: original, 30th Anniversary and Master Tape editions. I have the limited cardboard gatefold CD issues from Holland of "Discipline," "Beat" and "Three Of A Perfect Pair." I have a few of the King Crimson Collectors' Club issues, box sets, and a few bootlegs.

I knew who they were before 1981, and had some of their albums, but that year I saw them at Massey Hall in Toronto on the Discipline tour, and took a renewed interest in the group. I also saw Robert Fripp and The League Of Crafty Guitarists. He seems like he'd be a brilliant person to talk to, and omigod, the stories he could tell... but his brilliance intimidates me. If I had the chance to talk to him, I don't know what I'd say that wouldn't make me look like a drooling moron.

Best part of the Toronto show was after they had destroyed the audience for the umpteenth time. Fripp stepped up to the mic to address the audience, but they would not stop roaring their approval after several minutes to let him speak. So he turned around, went back to his guitar, and they played "Lark's Tongues In Aspic, Part II." You should have been there, man. I'll never witness anything like it again.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2009, 1:37 pm

I WILL reply for you. :wink:

I seriously dig King Crimson too. In The Court Of The Crimson King, is a beautiful listen, and one of my all-time favourites. I also like their other stuff up to Indiscipline. I haven't listened to their other albums passed that, as I just can't cut the previous classics loose. There THAT good. :wink: