Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ARW_AS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Mar 2006, 5:48 am

Chris Squire's Fish Out Of Water album is brilliant

Have to say Roundabout's one of my favourites too.

Lupine_Ragdoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Mar 2006, 9:47 am

Ooh, I love Yes! :D My fave song by them is Homeworld, with Awaken as my second fave. :) I think Rick Wakeman is amazing, I've actually met him a couple of times and he's so cool too! Alan White is also really sweet. :) As for my fave album, I don't really have just one, as they're all so amazing, but some of my faves would be Close to the Edge, Going for the One, Magnification, The Ladder (mainly because of Homeworld, although I like some of the other songs on there, particularly Lightning Strikes and It'll Be A Good Day) and Relayer. :D It's great to see other fans here btw!

Help revive ReBoot!

nukleuz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Apr 2006, 12:12 am

Haha, I just started Close to the Edge when I found this post. Perfect timing. It took me a while to come around to Yes because Jon Anderson's vocal tone is a bit of a turn off for me. But now I'm a big fan of their early work, and I'm always trying to learn one or two Yes songs on guitar. Right now I'm thumbing around South Side of the Sky, Heart of the Sunrise, and Machine Messiah. And whenever I feel like giving myself a headache I try to play Close to the Edge.

Also, if anyone else likes their original drummer (Bill Bruford) you should check out King Crimson - Red. It's the album he did right after leaving Yes. It was the first time I ever thought, "DAMN! I should be a drummer."

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 3:43 pm

Yes is one of my favourite bands. I'm listening to their album "Time and a Word" and is very good. I like the songs "Sweet Dreams" and "Astral Traveller" from that album. Other songs I like are "Owner of a Lonely Hearth" "The Calling" (very hard rock!), "Walls". I'm also a big fan of Rick Wakeman's solo carrear. "Voyage to the Centre of the Earth" is such a great album!

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2009, 8:21 pm

Am I a fan of YES? ... NO!