no, 10%  10%  [ 28 ]
no, 11%  11%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 282

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 11:19 am

Asp-Z wrote:
I personally don't even understand how it can be classified as "music". I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber on repeat all day.

Why is this so?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 11:21 am

RushKing wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
I personally don't even understand how it can be classified as "music". I'd rather listen to Justin Bieber on repeat all day.

Why is this so?

lostonearth35 already answered this well, so I shall simply quote him:

lostonearth35 wrote:
NO! It's mainly a bunch of angry guys who can't sing, they just scream and yell unintelligibly in horrible voices. There are many songs or types of songs that make me very uncomfortable and just to be in their presence and keep me from concentrating or enjoying other things. Just this past Monday for example, my mother and I went to BK for lunch and they're playing AC/DC in the background. It was like someone was sticking nails into my brain! :wall:

Yoghourt
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2011, 11:24 am

The best part about about mental is that it can help relieve yourself .
Like for instance. When I'm done loads of paperwork , I listen some of heavy mental .i just feel awesome while the sounds hit my brain.

Last edited by Yoghourt on 30 Nov 2011, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

Asp-Z wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Why is this so?

lostonearth35 wrote:
NO! It's mainly a bunch of angry guys who can't sing, they just scream and yell unintelligibly in horrible voices. There are many songs or types of songs that make me very uncomfortable and just to be in their presence and keep me from concentrating or enjoying other things. Just this past Monday for example, my mother and I went to BK for lunch and they're playing AC/DC in the background. It was like someone was sticking nails into my brain! :wall:

2 more stereotypes? *yawn* Couldn't give a toss really, most of we metal fans don't need you naysayers and killjoys, leave us to enjoy our music and you enjoy yours. Lostonearth has major issues anyway, judging by all her previous comments.....

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 11:27 am

Dude, I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours. No need to get so defensive just because I have different music taste to you.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 11:28 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Dude, I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours. No need to get so defensive just because I have different music taste to you.

And there is nothing wrong with that, i just tend to get a tad carried away. It's the stereotype that i cannot stand, and Lostonearth needs professional help. Nuff said.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 11:31 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WS7ovfZ6CQ[/youtube]
How this is screaming rather than singing? I myself am not close minded enough to hate on harsh vocals, but if you personally don't like them there is plenty of metal without them.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 11:47 am

I just pisses me of how ignorant people get these extreme biases against genres after listening to two bands. Do you really think that's enough for a conclusion?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 3:36 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
RushKing wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Why is this so?

lostonearth35 wrote:

cool you can repeat a totally inaccurate generalization.... :roll:

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 6:57 am

Pantera rules!
Slayer rules!
Sepultura rules!
Slipknot rules!

the Beatles..... SUCK!! ! (I can generalize too, take that metal haters!)

Diagnosed in 2005

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 7:01 am

pete1061 wrote:
Slipknot rules!

:roll:

Tiggurix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2011, 1:03 pm

Aww yeah! Metal is so awesome, that it can even make cleaning the appartment not be a pain in the ass!

AlastorX
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2011, 8:40 am

I like it and I play it :D mostly doom/stoner

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 12:58 pm

Metal doesn't have the monopoly on being "heavy". GSYBE and Mogwai can get pretty damn loud and noisy.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 6:30 pm

marshall wrote:
Metal doesn't have the monopoly on being "heavy". GSYBE and Mogwai can get pretty damn loud and noisy.

Try some black/death metal, you'll be surprised. Metal will always be heavy.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 8:30 pm

i can't really say yes or no, depends on the tone of the song, but alot of heavy metal you can't understand the words, and the pitches are to high, for my ears to stand for long.

but alot of music i listen to all the time is probably heavy metal, but my music is varied and i often forget genres, to me they are all music and music is a form of art, i love art.