Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2007, 8:48 pm

All of my characters had cats too, Siamese, tabbies, and Abyssinians.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 4:05 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I've been working on some original characters, and I was wondering if anyone else has any they'd like to share. You can go into as much detail as you want. I'm interested in what you have to say.

Well, you started this, I call, tell about some of your's are they singles or part of a story?

Ideas, words, drawings, full color, do they talk to you?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2007, 11:43 pm

Inventor wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
I've been working on some original characters, and I was wondering if anyone else has any they'd like to share. You can go into as much detail as you want. I'm interested in what you have to say.

Well, you started this, I call, tell about some of your's are they singles or part of a story?

See... The thing is... My character has kind of an odd backstory (specifically his parentage), and it's a big part of who he is so I don't feel like I can talk about him without mentioning it. I've just been holding back because I'm afraid I'll get teased because of my ideas.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 6:50 pm

Here is a new one:

The Pitch: CastAway crossed with Jarhead

Taylor is a high school student.
His services to his school prompts school administration to send him to a special school.
The Catch?
This school is a school where you learn survival skills.
It is in the middle of Vermont, where the students go through basic training in survival skills.
The basic training is run by the US military, where the students must do the following:
Learn how to make a Signal
Improvise a Camp
Operate various types of firearms
Cook food over a fire
Build a radio
Dress acquired injuries
And the list goes on & on

Catch 2: The length that Taylor will be at the school is six months.

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2007, 6:57 pm

I have a lot, but my personal favorite that I've ever created is Irving Jonathan Parker. He's an eighteen-year old with Asperger's syndrome who's snarky and wants to be a psychiatrist. His college roommates are Jacob Israel Leibowitz, an Orthodox Jew, and Thomas Flaherty, an asexual anarchist Catholic who wants to be a priest. His twin sister is Marie Parker, and his stepsister is Maralyn Luka.

TheSmilingGoat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2007, 9:10 am

my favrite character is Gaal the barbarian a mercenery for hire, like most barbarians hes big strong battle hardened and drinks alot (his proudest achivment was once drinking a taveren completly dry) but unlike most barbarians he has a deep love of butterfies (he will regularly stop to addmire them) has a secret feminine side that he despratly trys to hide it by being loud and macho, he also has alot of trouble around women(while sober) this is mainy due to the fact that hes afraid he might reveal his feminem side to them, leading to him trying to be even more overly macho and loud

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2007, 9:32 pm

I think the most interesting character I have is not a fictional one, but my real cat, Samantha (1979-1999). She did a lot of fun things and I enjoyed writing a book about her.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2007, 8:50 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Inventor wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

See... The thing is... My character has kind of an odd backstory (specifically his parentage), and it's a big part of who he is so I don't feel like I can talk about him without mentioning it. I've just been holding back because I'm afraid I'll get teased because of my ideas.

I am still waiting, no one will tease you, I have characters who take care of that.

What was it about his parents? They are all a big part of why people exist. They do cause a lot of how people turn out. So what is his name?

A350XWB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Dec 2007, 10:12 pm

I have an entire list of characters, most of them are telepathic broadcasters and they serve different countries or represent theirs to another.

1 - Janick: She's very beautiful, very talented in Physics, especially in dynamics. As a telepathic broadcaster she is one of the select few that has sufficient range to cover the entire world without relay stations. Also, when she plays the flute, she is eccentric enough to attach a bayonet to the end of her flute, but those who have a clue about her musical skill forgive her because of it. Her major flaw is that she is obsessed with one goal: to be the smoothest-skinned woman in the world (She has a very smooth skin already). To that end, she studies for hours at a time everything that relates to tribology (a branch of physics which specializes in friction). She is very compassionnate of other telepathic people. Finally, she serves as one of three Quebecers in the Supreme Paranormal Council of Canada.

2 - Amelie: Also a pretty girl, she is very different from Janick in that she doesn't have sufficient range for worldwide broadcasts, has quite a rough skin and no knowledge whatsoever of mechanics (apart from the gravity at the surface of the Earth). She is very keen for everything related to graphical arts, and she doesn't possess much musical skill either. However, she is closer to non-emitter people than Janick is, and is very naive about other people and their math skill. She is tied to the Korean authorities since she is the one who brought a new commercial agreement for both North and South Koreas about art supply in telepathic commerce with Canada.

jamesohgoodie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 12:18 am

inject at least 50% of yourself into your characters. it'll make them more real to you.

NEVER NORMAL - Saving the World Between Sketchbooks
nevernormal.net

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2007, 1:22 am

I need a new character. Kyo is getting really annoying.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2007, 8:28 pm

these are all role playing characters that I have played on the internet. All of them are absed on books from white wolf publishing. Sorry if this is long I love role playing so I have a tendacy to overexplain I'll try to keep it to characteristics and stuff so not to alienate people who do not know the role playing books I refer to. I will add some terms so to be more easily understood. There are generalizations in it that don't hold true under all circumstances.

Terms
Vampire The Masquerade

Lasombra - vampire clan of Nobles that enjoy their fall from grace. They formed the Sabbat after breaking off with the Camarilla during roman times. They have special powers for supernatural manipulation, creating and manipulating shadow, and pure physical strength.

Cammarilla - a set of vampires devoted to keeping the existance of their kind secret. They claim whole cities of vampires as being members except those actively affilated with the Sabbat or who actively work against them. They believe in an age hierachy where elders are more respected then in the Sabbat and have an elaborate masquerade of pretending to be human (hence the name for the game it comes from)

Sabbat - a group of vampires that believe that the only way humans can exist with vampires is for vampires to dominate as the superior species. They are often looked at as rogues and maniacs by other vampire groups. They have their own elitest faction but its not as strong as the Camarilla's politics although they claim to disdain such things. They have ifiltrated the church hence the titles for their leaders whether or not they are actively particpating in a church.

Characters
Exalted
Lunar - A type of exalted who has an apitude for shapeshifting but requires blood from the heart of their target they wish to mimic. They are most comonly a nomadic tribal society forced to flee into he wyld a place which changes its shape due to its instability in reality. This requires lunars to get tribal tattoos with moonsilver (a magical material) to keep a fixed form if they do not they become a chimera and lose their minds. Lunars while naturally the mate of the Solar exalted commonly view the Solars as the reason why the golden age failed.

Sidereal exalted - agents of heaven that monitor the celestial workings of the world. They each specialize in a category of events and do everything they can to advance faction agendas but not at the expense of making big changes to fate. They helped another form of exalted usurp the solar exalted because they were given a vision that stated the Solars would destroy the world. As the device they used did not predict some major events that have happened since then (the solar energies which were caputred have been released and several dark forces have shown up to battle over creation that vision is now doubted.(the normal world set before the time of creation exalted is a game about the prehistory of the world in which magic and heroics ruled its anime inspired.)

Vampire The Masquerade

Damion Knight - Clan Lasombra - Temporary Archbishop of the New York Sabbat
Damion Knight has switched from Camarilla to Sabbat several times due to his sire's alignment with the Camarilla. He doesn't believe in the Camarilla and has severed tires with his sire. He is witty, deceptionally charming, and deceptively powerful but chooses to keep that power a secret believing open displays of power are messy ways to deal with situation. He only really reverts to it when he can't manipulate or socially control his oponents and even then he likes to set up elaborate traps usually ending up with his opoonents tripping in his game and to defeat themselves. He used to be a morally upright religious man before the tragedies of being what he is caused him to rethink alot of his initial characteristics. He will use anything to get what he wants and while he appeals to the anarchist set of Sabbat in New York he is viewed by the elitest as a rogue and disdained for his laco of concern for the etiquette and political power games of the elders. While he has never been seriously viewed as being permament Archbishop of New York he has been assigned the role temporarily as hes led battles that have allowed the Sabbat to keep new york a hotly contested battleground of the Camarilla and Sabbat.

Exalted
T'knoah Aure - Lunar -disenfranchised lunar who doesn't indentify with anything or anyone. He seeks to use the instability of the wyld to form a new world devoid of negative qualities, pain sadness, etc due to his loss of the only people he cared about. He works as a mercenary in the meantime or does jobs to learn more about sorcery or the wyld ( he cannot learn sorcery due to the trials involving humility). He has excessive pride multiple human forms uses his cunning to outwit his opponents. His spirit animal is the scorpion. He also has panther (mellantistic jaguar), raven, and orca forms. He unfornatly does not know that the way hes learned is possible to change the world would infact end the world it is meant to be a lesson that the world cannot be good or evil but must contain both or else it would be a perfect world with no lifeforms present.

Lucien D'rant - Sidereal - a sidereal agent who deliberatly tried to sabotage the solar usuprtion he doubted the validity of the vision but between that time he fell in love with the new leader in a fanatical way. He served as her advisor up until evidence was found of his crime and he was imprisoned. He has since been released after serving his sentence in which he found that in the time many things changed but most unfornatly. The Empress has dissappeared so he fanatically looks for her without reason leaving his position in Sidereal politics. He works within the realm as an advisor but frantically searchs for his missing love.

Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2007, 5:11 pm

Oh yes, I love this thread and I must post in it.

I'm working on a manga series that takes place in 2048 with nine main characters - all siblings, all the same age (except Zhao, who's a year older but got held back so he's in the same grade as the rest), but adopted from very different places. They all share quite a past, though, and the whole thing gets nuts as they find their way through school.

They each have very different personalities which lean towards stereotypes, and they all have their own big talents and big problems to match.

There are others who are important, but here's just the main nine for those interested, taken from a quickie bio I keep on them.

CESTRIA: The Rebel
Loud, sarcastic, and outspoken. Friendly but bad-tempered.

HADES: The Loner
Quiet, calm, and secretive. Reflective yet private.

NETARUN: The Joker
Uncivilized, energetic, and wild. Big trouble-maker.

ANDREMOD: The Hottie
Very popular, sexy, and sometimes ditzy. Drama queen.

TILLA: The Kid
Innocent and playful, ever-silly. A bit perverted.

TIZALU: The Sage
Mature, insightful, and honorable. Wise and understanding.

FUAER: The Gentleman
Helpful, brave, and strong-willed. Usually friendly.

ERA: The Brain
Smart and studious, yet very timid. Often shunned.

ZHAO: The Psycho
Manipulative and selfish. Cruel, dishonest schemer.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 6:59 pm

Could the originator of this thread tell us
more about creating characters (possible settings,
necessary attributes, does character need a class,
and so on), please?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2007, 11:53 pm

Okay you guys, I haven't abandoned this thread (although it seems like it).

Here is a picture of my original character (at last):

As you can tell, his name is Ichabod Nightroad. I was reluctant to talk about him because of his unusual parentage.

You see, there's a huge, ongoing crossover in my mind between various different anime shows, and I like to pair off the characters in romantic relationships. My long time favorite pairing is Alucard from Hellsing and Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood. Here is the strange part: I began to develop an interest in male pregnancy, and well... Abel became pregnant. Naturally, Alucard was the father. The resulting child was Ichabod. I was afraid of talking about this, because I don't want people to get upset that Ichabod was fathered by two men.

Now that that's out of the way, I guess I should talk more about Ichabod himself. He is shy and soft-spoken, and mostly spends time alone. He has a wide array of fears (spiders, germs, heights, etc.), and is definitely a mama's boy. However, he has the potential to become extremely powerful due to his heritage.

Ichabod is (c) me. No stealing!

Last edited by IdahoRose on 23 Dec 2007, 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2007, 7:35 am

I make up original characters all the time.

Sometimes, I forget them.

Sometimes, I don't.

But I fear if I publish them here, they WILL be stolen. :)