Page 298 of 393 [ 6287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 295, 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301 ... 393  Next

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

11 Dec 2013, 12:06 pm

^ :lmao: "Homo Mangaka"... I don't think I've laughed so hard in a while.

[img][600:800]http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/345/7/1/tumblr_mxng2p1fjt1sj3fp8o1_1280_by_geekyteen-d6xk091.jpg[/img]

Tried my hand at watercolors again. I forgot how cool they were.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

11 Dec 2013, 12:09 pm

[img][800:652]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/298/a/f/may_1983_on__ale___buzzer_test_by_fromequestria2la-d6rta9n.png[/img]

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 1:28 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

I like the dragon-like monster!

slickbacksteve
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Dec 2013, 2:17 pm

BrandonSP wrote:
@ slickbacksteve

I wonder where you get the inspiration for your subject matter. It's still well-drawn though.

haha i think a lot of people wonder that, including me. best explanation i can come up with is, a lot of music, alot of depression, and too much time to think about the world around me.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

11 Dec 2013, 4:48 pm

BrandonSP wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

I like the dragon-like monster!

Thank you. :D

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2013, 7:22 pm

Sharptooth vs Mama Longneck
In a heroic battle that will take away her life, Littlefoot's mother from The Land Before Time confronts the hungry T. Rex known as Sharptooth. You could call this my redesign of a scene taken from the first movie since I drew the dinosaurs in my own style (although I kept their color schemes from the source material). I've also added some grass and trees to the scene since I always felt the wasteland environments in the original movie were unattractively bleak backdrops for dinosaurs. However, since the movie's over-arching theme is struggle against climate change, I've made the grass dry and yellow as if it were thirsty from drought.

I used to love the first Land Before Time movie, but now I've outgrown it and only enjoy the Sharptooth scenes. He was almost supernaturally swift and agile for a multi-ton tyrannosaur.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 2:30 am

Pharaoh's Bodyguard
Although I drew this character with the intention that she would serve as a Pharaoh's royal bodyguard, the idea behind her actually comes from the Dahomey "Amazons" in West Africa who also served as bodyguards for their king. As of now no evidence uncovered has shown that a similar contingent of female warriors protected the Pharaohs of ancient Egypt, but absence of evidence may not be evidence of absence. Even if it were, mixing together ancient Egyptian and so-called "sub-Saharan" African influences is one of my favorite artistic tricks.

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2013, 1:44 pm

Apple # Watercolor

For anyone whom is not familiar this is an OC, her name is Applelosia (apple for short) and she is an Epimeliad (apple tree nymph). I actually took a picture of this because it came out cleaner than the scan. The scanned image came almost photocopied looking. Really blotchy and no gimping would fix it, it just kept looking worse so sorry about the image quality, but it is better than the clean scan, which is very cloudy.

I used watercolor paints and watercolor pencils in this to try something new. Up close it looks amazing . . . scanned, not so much.

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 2:44 am

[img][582:800]http://imageshack.com/a/img89/6130/gbeb.jpg[/img]

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 4:35 am

salamandaqwerty wrote:
[pic] - mod. edit: resizing now fixed

You really gotta watch out for the image resizing clunks in the forum software.

That said, this is really neat. :)

[img][600:800]http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/347/6/3/tumblr_mxq8c3gy4m1sj3fp8o1_1280_by_geekyteen-d6xrber.jpg[/img]

Doodle I did in German.

[img][500:600]http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/347/9/8/wipsasha_by_geekyteen-d6xr87g.png[/img]

Lineart for a friend. Will be finished later.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 11:30 am

Decided to add highlights and shading to my this old portrait of my OC, Queen Nefrusobek of Kametu. She should look more beautiful than ever before. Unfortunately I've put her story on hold for way too long, but I promise to get back to working on it this holiday season and next year.

sammie96
Raven
Raven

13 Dec 2013, 12:42 pm

I love to take photos and sketch, but I can't find out how to upload...help!

slickbacksteve
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2013, 2:59 pm

sammie96 wrote:
I love to take photos and sketch, but I can't find out how to upload...help!

you mean to get it on your computer or get it on the site? if you're just trying to get it on this thread then open a photobucket account, upload the photo to that site, then use the link they give you and post that link on this thread (after clicking 'insert image'). thats what i do.
if you're trying to get it on your computer and dont have a scanner, you can always take a photo of it with your phone and email it to yourself. easy stuff.

sammie96
Raven
Raven

13 Dec 2013, 3:26 pm

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2013, 11:16 pm

Something I drew on my birthday evening after some delicious pizza...probably inspired by listening to Sage the Gemini's song "Gas Pedal" way too much:
Really, the main thing I can say that's novel about this piece is that it was practice for drawing a behind view for a walking female character without said character turning her head around. Of course there's also the observation that observing a nubile young woman swaying her hips from behind is a wondrous sight, but that would be stating the obvious.

At least her back view's main attraction is clothed this time, so it should still count as safe for work.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Dec 2013, 4:55 am

Not actually a drawing but just a silly thing I made- my girlfriend likes the Second Doctor (Patrick Troughton) so I made this for her: