Page 4 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Azereiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

I love almost all electronic music, though I really hate it when they plug lyrics into it - at least, when the lyrics don't fit well.
However, my heart lies in the land of metal.

The complexity makes me happy.

loner1984
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 7:23 pm

prefer songs mostly without annoying singing voice, techno, trance, dance, dubsted, with relaxing smooth beats. very good to the ears. eletronic music as well.

im really impressed how much they can do with so little. Tetris dubstep is pretty dang cool.

cant most link to yet, but its to find on youtube.

chtucker18
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2012, 7:38 pm

sounds nice

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 8:42 pm

Yes, I love dubstep and I love all of the songs you mentioned.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 6:02 am

houseofpanda wrote:
I'm curious if other Aspies are drawn to it because there is a lot of motion, a lot of bleeps and bloops, just a lot of stuff that grabs my attention when other music is becoming more and more mundane for me.

Each of the following examples has a "bass drop" at some point where the music goes from pretty to ugly, and that's kind of what defines it for me. I like the pretty digital stuff too, but the bass drop and all the sound effects... yeeeaaah.

"Cinema" by Benny Benassi feat Gary Go, remixed by Skrillex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaIZ0mUJzr0

"Game Time" by Zomboy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZnMb93C0Og

"Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" by Skrillex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeNSzJ2-Jw

Definitely not. Dubstep is the worst thing to ever happen to music. It sounds like my computer is having sex with an NES while someone beats the two of them with a sledgehammer.

I love "chiptunes," but I can't stand dubstep.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:32 am

I'm not horribly interested in Dubstep. I like Industrial, EBM and Elektro/Electro. Bands like Aslan Faction, Tactical Sekt, Dunkelwerk, einstürzende Neubauten, Feindflug, Aghast View and Front 242 sound much more appealing to me.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 11:22 am

CyborgUprising wrote:
I'm not horribly interested in Dubstep. I like Industrial, EBM and Elektro/Electro. Bands like Aslan Faction, Tactical Sekt, Dunkelwerk, einstürzende Neubauten, Feindflug, Aghast View and Front 242 sound much more appealing to me.

Try searching for the Ad Noiseam type of Dubstep.

They make it sound like a whole different genre to me.

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jun 2012, 7:14 pm

Music is basically my life.

Dubstep means many things

I hate the Skrillex type of Dubstep, but I kinda like the Burial, or Flying Lotus type of dubstep (very different). I love down-tempo and electro.

I love bands like Massive Attack, Trentemoller or Flying Lotus

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:19 pm

LOVE FlyLo (Flying Lotus)! ! :heart:

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

Maybe if we all had a LastFM profile to share, we might know if there is a pattern....

:idea:

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 6:44 pm

When I first heard dubstep I thought it was lame. I eased in it a little bit with some of Skrillex's stuff, though. Skrillex is all right, but severely played out now, I did know as soon as I started hearing him and seeing all the fanbase he has that he'd get huge. But for the most part, dubstep is either noisy or boring.

Then again, I'm a big EDM fan, but my musical tastes seem to be that of a teenage girl...from the 90s... So my main EDM tastes are like, eurobeat, italodisco, eurodance, and happy hardcore, and some trance, but most of my trance is vocal trance. I also like house music for the most part, too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr973wwGKd8[/youtube]
But something like that is a pretty ideal electronic song to me.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 7:05 pm

I like dubstep but I think Skrillex is pretty lame/boring. He also puts no effort into it during live performances - a good musician would be doing things like playing instruments along with it, throwing in extra elements and such.

I'm actually going to be building a laser harp midi controller soon - just waiting for all the parts to arrive. That would be something really cool to throw into dubstep - both visually and musically.

One of my bands, which plays a lot of trippy stuff, wants to start doing live dubstep using my synthesizer (I love doing the dubstep "wub wub wub"s using the infrared sensor on it) and a BUNCH of really interesting guitar effects on the guitar and bass. It's like a fusion of dubstep and the stuff we play.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 2:37 pm

Dubstep doesn't do anything for me however each to their own.

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jun 2012, 4:15 pm

I don't really listen to dubstep (or know what it is for that matter), but I listen to a lot of electronica, and like making my own with this program called FruityLoops. Though, when I listen to it, it's mainly in the form of sci-fi film soundtracks. I used to listen to a whole range of it when I was younger, usually really loud with headphones, but am a bit worried about getting tinnitus, so don't listen to it so much any more.

Atm, I've had the Tron: Legacy soundtrack on replay for several weeks. Daft Punk is certainly my favourite.

houseofpanda
Raven
Raven

24 Jun 2012, 5:34 pm

Atomsk wrote:
[Skrillex] also puts no effort into it during live performances - a good musician would be doing things like playing instruments along with it, throwing in extra elements and such.

Agreed fully. I've seen clips of his live performances, and all he does is mute the song during a critical moment so the crowd can yell "oh my god" or "drop the bass" and such. It's pathetic that he makes 10's of thousands of dollars for to essentially stand around, rock back and forth, and devalue the 'art' that could be present. And what makes it even funnier to me, is he's on Deadmau5's label, and Deadmau5 hates the term "dj" and considers it to be very different from what he does. So here he's got a guy - Skrillex / Sonny Moore - signed to his label who "performs" his work by pressing play and hitting mute. He essentially does even less than the djs that Deadmau5 hates. Hypocrisy in full effect.

Atomsk wrote:
I like dubstep but I think Skrillex is pretty lame/boring.

I don't find Skrillex's music boring though; just the opposite. I listen to a lot of dubstep on last.fm and a lot of it just drolls on and on for what feels like an eternity with nothing happening. Skrillex has a verse, chorus, bridge, etc in every song, so I hear a change. Something happens. I don't know why people say Skrillex is boring when everything else out there is absolutely mundane.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 6:40 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:

This sounds more like me. I like Einstürzende Neubauten and Kraftwerk.