We are lacking what are you listening now thread!

Page 4 of 147 [ 2340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 147  Next

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2005, 6:26 am

The code lyoko theme tune

Hey, its good for writing fan fics to

tomcat_ha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 May 2005, 9:36 am

Pantera - I'll Cast a Shadow

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2005, 10:18 am

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Smashed Hits

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

jobbana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2005, 10:44 am

Autechre - LP5

If I ever have kids, this will be one of the albums I'll be playing for them.

tomcat_ha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2005, 10:27 am

Pantera - Shattered

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2005, 2:35 pm

Just picked up a couple CDs: an unpronounceable LP by Godspeed You! Black Emperor (a pretentious, weird, yet awesome Canadian band/orchestra) and One Step More And You Die by Mono. One of the songs on the latter disk is possibly the most violent fifteen minutes and fifty-eight seconds in musical history, and that's only the second track! Life is good.

I've also got the White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan set to arrive in a week or so, courtesy of Amazon. W00t w00t.

tomcat_ha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jun 2005, 10:28 am

Metallica - Call of Ktulu

^one of the best songs made by Metallica ever imho.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2005, 7:55 pm

ghotistix wrote:
Just picked up a couple CDs: an unpronounceable LP by Godspeed You! Black Emperor (a pretentious, weird, yet awesome Canadian band/orchestra) and One Step More And You Die by Mono. One of the songs on the latter disk is possibly the most violent fifteen minutes and fifty-eight seconds in musical history, and that's only the second track! Life is good.

I've also got the White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan set to arrive in a week or so, courtesy of Amazon. W00t w00t.

"Godspeed You Black Emperor" and "Explosions In The Sky" are definitely next on my list of stuff to dig up I reckon (I'm in an obsessive and expensive "must find all the bands that I'll love but that I've never heard of before" phase at the moment) - I might investigate this Mono lot too. :)

Errrr.... I might pass at "The White Stripes" though..... I've listened to their last album a few times, but it doesn't really click with me somehow...

Oh, and I'm currently listening to "Letting Off The Happiness" by "Bright Eyes" - It'll need a few more listens for me to decide if I really like it I reckon.... Sounds alright though....

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2005, 8:03 pm

Black Sabbath "Momma i'm comming home"

Pink Floyd "Run like hell"

Scooter "fire"

Evanescence "Away from me"

Last edited by Absolute_Zero on 01 Jun 2005, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2005, 8:05 pm

Rhapsody: Dawn of Victory

Tomcat, theres a Ktulu on the TAU forums isn't there? U think he likes that song? :P

jobbana
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2005, 1:26 am

TAFKASH wrote:
"Godspeed You Black Emperor" and "Explosions In The Sky" are definitely next on my list of stuff to dig up I reckon (I'm in an obsessive and expensive "must find all the bands that I'll love but that I've never heard of before" phase at the moment) - I might investigate this Mono lot too. :)

Ooh, GYBE! Just about everything they've done is consistently awe-inspiring. Explosions In The Sky are very good, and Mono.

I guess I'll have to take this opportunity to promote a similar band (from my home town!), Magyar Posse. Their latest album, Kings of Time, is right up there with all the other essentials of this "post-rock" genre or whatever you want to call it.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2005, 7:44 am

TAFKASH wrote:

Agh, I know what you mean. I'm in the midst of a music-bender myself. I just can't resist exploring every band I see linked to any group I take a liking to. Damn you Amazon and your clever "recommendations"! By the rate I'm buying CDs now, I'm going to have to start eating them to survive come 2006. :lol:

If you succumb to your CD hoarding urges, feel free to PM me and I can tell you everything there is to know about the best post-rock around, stuff that makes Explosions In The Sky sound like Britney Spears on a bad day.

tomcat_ha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2005, 1:52 pm

Theres no reason to not like the song. So quite possibly

Pantera - Cemetary Gates

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2005, 5:31 pm

sigh. i want something new to listen to. have just ordered the most recent Lamb CD. now i want stuff that's danceable to, with plenty of drums, but not big beats or techno or trance. maybe "world" music-y stuff - i like asian and middle eastern influences. possibly transglobal underground sort of thing. possibly. but i'm open to offers.

come on, folks - make with the suggestions.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2005, 5:41 pm

vetivert wrote:
sigh. i want something new to listen to. have just ordered the most recent Lamb CD. now i want stuff that's danceable to, with plenty of drums, but not big beats or techno or trance. maybe "world" music-y stuff - i like asian and middle eastern influences. possibly transglobal underground sort of thing. possibly. but i'm open to offers.

come on, folks - make with the suggestions.

Errrrmmmmm.... I don't even know what "transglobal underground" even is..... :oops: If its "musical dance" you're after though, I'd recommend checking out "Fischerspooner" - I like them a lot and they are under the "dance" section in HMV, chillingly enough..... 8O

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2005, 5:44 pm

ooooh. have they got drums and real instruments?