Page 301 of 393 [ 6287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304 ... 393  Next

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 1:30 pm

Nice tonal work. do you have any others? you gots talent

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

26 Dec 2013, 8:21 pm

My art teacher assigned this for extra credit. Took about 12 hours or so.

[img][800:600]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/357/6/4/wolf_by_geekyteen-d6z1yf1.jpg[/img]

And I got Copic Markers for Christmas. Thisis one of the drawings I've done with them so far:

[img][600:800]http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/357/9/9/tumblr_mya1setsbl1sj3fp8o1_1280_by_geekyteen-d6z35v6.jpg[/img]

Forbidden_Donut
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Dec 2013, 1:15 am

Nice wolf; fur is a toughy to pull off.

Those elves are done with marker?! Really dig the tattooing/markings on the one with the green eyes!

Forbidden_Donut

27 Dec 2013, 1:18 am

salamandaqwerty wrote:
Nice tonal work. do you have any others? you gots talent

Thanks! Here are some of my better pieces...

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Dec 2013, 1:27 am

Forbidden_Donut wrote:
Nice wolf; fur is a toughy to pull off.

Those elves are done with marker?! Really dig the tattooing/markings on the one with the green eyes!

Thank you so much. :P

Yeah. Copics are really easy to use, though. It's more like using paint than coloring something in with marker.

Your anti-chromatic pieces look amazing, by the way. You're also really good at handling contrast.

Forbidden_Donut

27 Dec 2013, 2:15 am

Thanks! And I like the term "anti-chromatic" :)

When one of my art teachers was going over drawing from observation, he said that basically all you're doing is drawing different shapes of varying shades of light or dark. Once you figured out the brightest part of the subject, that would be the white of the paper and then go from there.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2013, 11:48 pm

@Forbidden_Donut
I have to say the scar-faced guy with the sunglasses is my favorite. Is he based on a real person or someone from a movie?

Elf Man and Human Lady
This is actually a pretty old drawing which must have rested in my sketchbook for over a month before I finally got around to scanning and coloring it. It seems that the stereotypical fantasy inter-species couple combines a female elf with a male human, so I decided to reverse this trend by pairing an elf guy with a human lady. Furthermore, these particular characters come from a setting where all the humans are black people native to the world's tropical regions, whereas the elves live closer to the northern polar regions. Fantasy is a lot more fun when you get to subvert the cliches associated with the genre.

Forbidden_Donut

29 Dec 2013, 12:02 am

Thanks, Brandon! That one is one of my fave's as well. It's Bryan Cranston as Walter White from Breaking Bad. Not scars, he's just a bit older is all :P

Mirror21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 5:24 am

Bojoing wrote:
Watercolors isn't my first choice, but my mom took me to France on my 30th birthday to a watercolor course and here's what I painted in the end.

photo

How do I add/upload a picture??

That is very nice!

The Hand

My grove hosted our Yule ritual today and I felt compelled to take a few shots of our lovely fire. To my amazement on the third shot the fire has morphed into the semblance of a hand! Or am I crazy here?

LiamRodgers
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Dec 2013, 1:12 pm

Hello, I'm new and I love to draw.

But I don't really like to render light and shadows or textures. Anybody else feel that way, or maybe the opposite, like prefer rendering over form and anatomy?

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 7:07 pm

^ I like it!

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 7:28 pm

The Fairy Queen

Basically, a massive subversion of the "hot" character design that every elf in a fantasy RPG ever has. She is NOT benevolent, and WILL feast on your emotions because to her they taste good.

Her voice is very high-pitched and echo-y, and, as she has way more than one mouth, it sounds like multiple people are talking.

Anyway, I hope that this is scary, or at least not too much of a "sexy" character. She's suppose to be a horrific humanoid abomination and a lich.

Did I succeed at creating something creepy?

Sorry if I didn't and offend someone with her cartoonishly exaggerated "hourglass" body type which is what people nowadays find attractive. It's suppose to actually add to the creepiness, and make it look more hideous.

By the way, this is a picture I took with my iPhone, which is why you see the shadow. I hope that is forgivable.

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 7:40 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
^ I like it!

Thanks!

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 3:52 pm

A simple mod I made for the game Rome: Total War II, which re-skins the Ptolemaic faction's Egyptian units so that they look more African:
[img][800:900]http://i.imgur.com/jPrLotc.jpg[/img]
[img][800:900]http://i.imgur.com/UV4V4zT.jpg[/img]
[img][800:900]http://i.imgur.com/FmQaWvh.jpg[/img]

Link to mod on Steam (Of course you need the Steam program and Rome: Total War II to play it)

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2013, 9:10 pm

Cleopatra in Battle Gear
The Ptolemaic Queen Cleopatra VII was never known for her fighting skills, but what if she did take to the battlefield? I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while, but recently playing the game Rome: Total War II spurred me into drawing it once and for all.