Page 305 of 393 [ 6287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 307, 308 ... 393  Next

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 1:14 am

On an Alien Planet
An extraterrestrial soldier scouts the jungles on a world far removed from his own. Admittedly his design is not the most inventive ever conceived for an alien species, but then his kind is supposed to be vaguely mammalian anyway. I believe they will come into conflict with indigenous humans sometime soon since they have imperialistic ambitions for the world they're colonizing.

LR103104
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jan 2014, 6:42 am

that skull one is A+, the colours , the way is looks shadow and moody

slickbacksteve
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2014, 12:24 pm

something i drew in pen. the paper i drew it on was way too big to fit in my scanner so i had to take a picture of it with a phone. the quality is pretty bad

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 2:07 pm

Nice! Love the aesthetic. Reminds me of Bogleech.

By the way, if you haven't seen the site Bogleech, please look it up. You might enjoy some of the stuff there if you like monsters, creatures that aren't considered conventionally cute, or creepypastas.

NTWTF
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2014, 7:12 am

Here is one of my digital art images

My art site is here: Facebook Page

LR103104
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jan 2014, 11:27 am

je, slickbacksteve
that drawing is really well done, it has a lot of feelings , the figures are pretty creepy, but i think my favourite part is the person and the dog w a halo in the corner :)

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2014, 11:49 pm

BrandonSP wrote:
On an Alien Planet
An extraterrestrial soldier scouts the jungles on a world far removed from his own. Admittedly his design is not the most inventive ever conceived for an alien species, but then his kind is supposed to be vaguely mammalian anyway. I believe they will come into conflict with indigenous humans sometime soon since they have imperialistic ambitions for the world they're colonizing.

Very cool!

By the way, do you think there has been an improvement in the quality of my art?

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 1:01 am

Thank you, and I do think there has been some improvement in your drawing style.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 1:24 am

Pharaoh Nefrusobek of Hikuptah
Nefrusobek is the matriarch of Hikuptah, an analog to ancient Egypt and Nubia in my fantastical Heroic Age world. Here she's leading her army of spearmen with cowhide shields across the desert. The sickle-shaped bronze blade she's carrying is called a khopesh in case you're curious.

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 8:26 pm

^Nice.
My attempt at drawing a 'hot' vampire lady.

What do you think?

NTWTF
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jan 2014, 8:27 pm

slickbacksteve
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2014, 10:48 pm

LR103104 wrote:
je, slickbacksteve
that drawing is really well done, it has a lot of feelings , the figures are pretty creepy, but i think my favourite part is the person and the dog w a halo in the corner :)

Anarbaculardrop wrote:
Nice! Love the aesthetic. Reminds me of Bogleech.

By the way, if you haven't seen the site Bogleech, please look it up. You might enjoy some of the stuff there if you like monsters, creatures that aren't considered conventionally cute, or creepypastas.

thank you, i couldve done a better job but i got tired of staring at it, which usually happens when i draw. everything i make seems to come out creepy. and i checked out bogleech, pretty weird in a kinda cool way.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 8:43 am

Silvercrest Raptor
In Velociraptor packs, silvercrests are the female individuals who dominate their societies much as silverback gorillas lead their troops. Whenever a female raptor wrests control of the pack, her crest and primary feathers turn pale gray to indicate her dominance. The rank of silverback holds such prestige among raptors that there can be fierce competition among females to attain it.

Right now I'm working on a short story in which my African warrior OC Ikaba fights one of these silvercrests in a quest to avenge her slain brother.

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 9:19 pm

Very cool! How would Ikaba and her friend(the silvercrest) react to meeting my OC Dr Crobeci?

By the way, here's some new stuff I made:
Are they too hot to be considered monsters/monstrous, or not?

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 1:24 am

^ I do like the lizard-like creature's design in the second picture.

I Have Failed You, Father
"Promise me, my child, that you will care for Hikuptah as if she were you our own child and keep her peace and prosperity. Promise me you will protect her as the fiercest lioness protects her cubs. And promise me that you will appease the gods and honor our ancestors."

So said Nefrusobek's father Atumhotep the moment before he departed to rejoin the great Pharaohs of the past in the afterlife. Now that she has taken his place on the throne, Nefrusobek wants more than anything to rule her kingdom of Hikuptah with the same wisdom and benevolence as he did. This shows a hypothetical moment where she finds herself forced to abdicate (under what pressure, I will leave to your imagination) and looks to the night sky, fearing she has disappointed her father's spirit.

Incidentally, the ancient Egyptians actually did believe that their dead Pharaohs would ascend to the stars as recorded by the Pyramid Texts of Unas. Disney didn't invent the idea with The Lion King.

This isn't the first time I've drawn a Pharaoh taking off her crown, but I believe this shows more emotion than its predecessors (plus the rest were not digitally colored like this).

NTWTF
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jan 2014, 9:51 pm

Here is another one of my images.
I guess no one likes Digital Art around here.

This one is called defiance.

My are site is here: Digital Art by Zarik
My rather sad facebook page only 13 likes ... That is sad: Face book page