Page 313 of 393 [ 6287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 310, 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316 ... 393  Next

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

29 Apr 2014, 6:09 am

Rascal77s wrote:
African padauk wood ballpoint two-way twist pen with rhodium and derlin hardware.

I do like that!
Hows the website coming along?

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

29 Apr 2014, 6:16 am

Rascal77s wrote:
I made this hello Kitty pen today. I use baby pink acrylic with the metal components finished in satin pearl to give it a very 'soft' look. This is actually a pen I will never use, but it is one of my favorites that I've made so far. Believe it or not this particular pen took a long time to make because of all the extra steps involved.

[pics]

I like this idea of an adult Hello Kitty pen, i work in a stationers so i see a lot of Hello Kitty merchandise, i like this take on the style.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

29 Apr 2014, 6:41 am

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm

Last edited by tall-p on 30 Apr 2014, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 4:28 am

ConcreteDinosaur wrote:
I do like that!
Hows the website coming along?

Thanks, concrete dinosaur. I made this pen as a gift for someone. I wish my camera would pick up wood grains. This pen looks so much better in person. I really like your pictures I have no idea how you do it, but like I said earlier your pictures remind me dreams.

I'm going to be doing a contest in the next couple of days here on WP and the prize is a choice of one of 2 pens. One of the pens is an American flag, which turned out amazing. I haven't decided what the 2nd pen choice will be yet. But keep an eye out for my contest.

I've been struggling with the site to be honest with you. I'm really not very good with computers. I'm learning all the stuff from scratch, but I am making progress. The contest that I mentioned is going to help me with this site, but I don't want to give out too many details right now.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

02 May 2014, 5:10 am

I shall keep an eye out! I can't imagine how i could be any use for your website, but i shall look out for it, maybe give me a nudge if you remember to so i don't miss it.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

02 May 2014, 5:36 am

Two more images from a series of digital artwork i made using Photoshop and a Wacom tablet. The designs are intended as inspiration for a series of large pastel drawings i am about to start making.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 1:36 pm

b9
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 12:29 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp6GVdXF6A0&list=UUpB1H594Ek2H_hWBxJ7ja7g[/youtube]

moknin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2014, 8:52 am

Mother's Day Special

Just to vent off my worry as I see my mum get older.

Onewithwings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 May 2014, 7:44 pm

I totally understand this. My parents are still pretty young (51) but they both drink too much and with my mom especially she never had the best memory.

moknin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 May 2014, 3:08 am

Really empathise with you. My mother is an overworking management personnal. She's probably the sanest person at home (we live with grandmother and uncle's family who often fight with each other) but I begin to note signs behind her facade. Perhaps all those pressures at home and at work are beginning to crack her.

Forbidden_Donut
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 May 2014, 10:02 pm

Another vinyl model kit I finished; this one is a 12 in. tall Predator from the movie of the same name.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2014, 10:17 pm

i finally joined deviantart.com and put some of my drawings and paintings up--here are a couple of my better pieces if anyone's interested.

this one is all in coloured pencil.
this one's not in the best shape, the drawing is years old and it was damaged in a basement flooding at one point:
this painting is almost but not quite finished:

the photos aren't the best quality, but eventually i'll get them properly scanned/digitised.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2014, 7:07 am

starvingartist wrote:
i finally joined deviantart.com and put some of my drawings and paintings up--here are a couple of my better pieces if anyone's interested.

Really nice. Especially the last 2.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2014, 1:54 pm

OK?so?visual art is totally NOT my thing?but?

I was trying to explain to my wife that I wanted to build some shelves for our kids since more often than not the floor, at least in our daughter's room, is barely visible. We DESPERATELY need organization!! !

So, I'm describing what I want to build, and the concept is stupid-simple. We're also on a tight budget, so I'm looking for things we can do cheaply and fairly quickly with materials that are already available without any kind of modifications. Only tool needed is a screwdriver. I went to Lowe's and priced some select pine, found 4' boards in various widths, and thought to myself, "I can do this!"

Wifey was NOT going for it because I have a VERY bad history with DIY projects. So I fired up Blender (if you've never used it, it is AWESOME freeware that no one, artist or not, should ever be without) and did a quick model of what I had in mind. Even my mother loves it. Wifey now understands what I want to do and is now totally supportive.

Anyway, it's just a little "nothing" and my humble contribution to the artwork thread:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePx7ZUKg_TQ[/youtube]