Page 5 of 8 [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 1:06 am

Brian0787 wrote:

Oakenfold was well placed in that movie I remember.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 1:09 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Brian0787 wrote:

Oakenfold was well placed in that movie I remember.

One of my absolute favorite movies of all time. Like a work of art and love the song!

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 1:15 am

Brian0787 wrote:
One of my absolute favorite movies of all time. Like a work of art and love the song!

I don't know if you've ever heard of or watched Hype Williams' 1998 'Belly', that's a good one for music, the intro's especially iconic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K08J470x2s

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 1:22 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Brian0787 wrote:

I don't know if you've ever heard of or watched Hype Williams' 1998 'Belly', that's a good one for music, the intro's especially iconic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K08J470x2s

I never heard of it but will definitely have to watch it! I like the music!

"In this galaxy, there’s a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that, and perhaps more...only one of each of us. Don’t destroy the one named Kirk." - Dr. Leonard McCoy, "Balance of Terror", Star Trek: The Original Series.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 1:27 am

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 1:29 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

I like this! Very cool!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 1:44 am

Brian0787 wrote:
I like this! Very cool!

One of the biggies that I cut my teeth on when I was first getting into this stuff (1997 / 1998):

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 1:59 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Brian0787 wrote:
I like this! Very cool!

One of the biggies that I cut my teeth on when I was first getting into this stuff (1997 / 1998):

I like this alot too! This is definitely going in my playlist! Thank you for sharing it :)

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 2:02 am

This probably isn't "techno-techno" more "trance I think?" but I just thought I'd share it in case you might like it. It's a remix of the original song by Nena but I love it and love the movie. I had chills when I heard it in theatres. Highly recommend it. I have the soundtrack to it.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 2:13 am

Brian0787 wrote:
This probably isn't "techno-techno" more "trance I think?" but I just thought I'd share it in case you might like it. It's a remix of the original song by Nena but I love it and love the movie. Highly recommend it. I have the soundtrack to it.

Atmospheric downtempo or chill-out I'm thinking.

Something I figured out when I was getting started - house and trance mostly have the straight-four kick. Where house is more disco influenced trance is more atmospheric, voyaging, more likely to make you feel like you're on a space ship rather than wearing bell-bottoms. Some techno-techno is straight-four kick but it's got more variability than trance and house. Then there's drum and bass which is a completely different animal (jazz influenced drums and jet engine, Star Wars sabre fights, ship horns, stuff that's like speed bumps on the highway, etc. for synth lines) and dubstep seems like it's most related to something that used to be called 'speed garage' but where they wanted to play with more of the drum and bass motifs at a different bpm and blending more techno as well.

A big 'progressive trance' tune from the 2000 era:

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 2:24 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Brian0787 wrote:
This probably isn't "techno-techno" more "trance I think?" but I just thought I'd share it in case you might like it. It's a remix of the original song by Nena but I love it and love the movie. Highly recommend it. I have the soundtrack to it.

Atmospheric downtempo or chill-out I'm thinking.

Something I figured out when I was getting started - house and trance mostly have the straight-four kick. Where house is more disco influenced trance is more atmospheric, voyaging, more likely to make you feel like you're on a space ship rather than wearing bell-bottoms. Some techno-techno is straight-four kick but it's got more variability than trance and house. Then there's drum and bass which is a completely different animal (jazz influenced drums and jet engine, Star Wars sabre fights, ship horns, stuff that's like speed bumps on the highway, etc. for synth lines) and dubstep seems like it's most related to something that used to be called 'speed garage' but where they wanted to play with more of the drum and bass motifs at a different bpm and blending more techno as well.

A big 'progressive trance' tune from the 2000 era:

Ah ok. That makes sense and appreciate the explanation! That will help me a bit to distinguish it now :)

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 2:30 am

Kind of a techno remix I think but I loved this remix of the TNG theme.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 2:34 am

Always loved Alice Deejay growing up. Still love it years later.

Brian0787
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2024, 2:40 am

Thought this was pretty cool! Love the original classical song.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2024, 9:55 am

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2024, 10:01 am

That's me done for the day

Going for my Weetabix now