Page 42 of 393 [ 6287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 393  Next

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 1:30 am

neopsytox wrote:
the youtube icon stands out. My screen resolution is high, so I'm not sure if I was describing the picture icon properly, so I mentioned the youtube icon for reference purpose, incase the image one isn't mountains and a sun like it appears to be to me. plus, if you aren't using the icons, when you are on this post screen, you may get distracted by other things, such as the emoticons and not notice the toolbar...I totally overlooked the toolbar the first few times I ever posted on here...and then I was like "oh...look at this..." (after html wasn't working)...it would be nice if you could highlight the image url and click the icon, letting it put in the code like you can with bold and italics, but nnnnnnoo...well, at least it doesn't let me on my end, so you have to type it out yourself. good thing it gives the reference, though.

that was a long explanation for something simple, huh? I'm talkative tonight. P.S. I went to your site and checked out a couple of galleries, and enjoyed your alcheringa-styled art. I'm going to look at all your stuff in a little while, but I am so fond of aboriginal dreamtime art that I got excited when those thumbnails came up. Beautiful.

I don't see anything of youtube in here or in the topics, so why are you referring to youtube...aorry if I don't get it.
thans for surfing on my site but what is alcheringa art and where do you see aboriginal dream time art on my site

Tohlagos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 1:40 am

beautifuloblivion wrote:
Here's a drawing that I started not too long ago... I was too lazy to complete it, but the idea was to add a bunch of trees with fall colors in the background :shrug:

Wow!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 4:33 pm

Loborojo wrote:
computerlove wrote:
NSFW = not safe for work

that doesn't make it any clearer now, what is your message in plain language??

It means that if someone is in the office they are strongly advised to NOT visit the site, because of the erotic content.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2008, 5:20 pm

computerlove wrote:
Loborojo wrote:
computerlove wrote:
NSFW = not safe for work

that doesn't make it any clearer now, what is your message in plain language??

It means that if someone is in the office they are strongly advised to NOT visit the site, because of the erotic content.

...True art has always been dissident, and I don't think of offices when I create :lol:

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 4:13 am

Here is my entry for the national autistics societies creativity competition :D

sorry if its too big, I am not good with computers :?

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2008, 10:01 am

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2008, 1:36 am

neopsytox wrote:
So, I was sketching this weekend, got distracted and ended up scribbling more than I intended; this is what I came up with. The original intention was experimenting with facial structure for my artdolls, but I guess this piece, though simplistic, will be eventually placed for sale, after some polishing and embellishment. The problem is, I need a name for her. Chastity is what automatically comes to mind, but I don't want to tack it until I'm sure it's the best fit. So, I'm looking for suggestions, because once I use a name, it will be written out of the books for any further use.

What do you think? She seems innocent, hence the Chastity. Other names I had in the pile were Charity, Mercy, Liberty, and Justice (though that one sounded a bit too strong). She makes me think of Snow White, actually, but I need to give her a real name...or perhaps Heather or Ginger? hmmm...I should've drawn her looking happy *L* instead she looks stoned.

Before I place it for sale, I am going to cut her out and model a colourful 3d paper rose at the base of her neck to pull the piece together for wall display. And I will probably do a few others in the same style extending from different flowers. After I finished penciling this one, I started working on an Asian femme which I intend to have decorated with a lotus. Fell asleep, though, and haven't picked it up since, but I will eventually get back on it.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi man, I was bored and made this quick color version of your drawing, it didn't turn out as good as I'd like, but anyway, it was done in 10 or 15 minutes :P

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 7:20 am

updated my portfolio

invitation to come and see ...

http://www.coroflot.com/public/individu ... _id=169417

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2008, 3:34 pm

people can read my webcomic at zarroff.spartalive.net

neopsytox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Sep 2008, 11:13 pm

http://www.myspace.com/cxareigna
http://cxareign.wordpress.com
http://aspergianologie.wordpress.com

WEIRD is NOT a DISEASE; It's EVOLUTION!

Last edited by neopsytox on 02 Oct 2008, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 11:49 am

hi neo, glad you liked it (:

What a bummer that you lost a book, hope everyone in your family is okay.

For sculpting:
first use newspaper and paste (you know, the water and flour thing) to wrap the metal skeleton. Let it fully dry, then you can put layers even if it still is wet, using short bands of newspaper and layering it.
Then use paper mache to make it softer and to add more details.
And finally use gesso, which is ideal for sand.
Then you can paint over it :)

English not my native language, hope I explained myself (:

AIWS
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Oct 2008, 11:11 am

I try to paint Nietzsche...
Oil.

and green still life

Paddy789
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Oct 2008, 12:58 pm

neopsytox wrote:
Verbose post

Bloody hell, you ramble too much.

neopsytox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2008, 1:01 pm

Paddy789 wrote:
neopsytox wrote:
Verbose post

Bloody hell, you ramble too much.

Then I suggest you don't read it or even attempt to do so. Thanks.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2008, 1:19 pm

You are all very talented people. I look forward to seeing more great works.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

neopsytox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2008, 3:14 pm

computerlove wrote:
hi neo, glad you liked it (:

What a bummer that you lost a book, hope everyone in your family is okay.

For sculpting:
first use newspaper and paste (you know, the water and flour thing) to wrap the metal skeleton. Let it fully dry, then you can put layers even if it still is wet, using short bands of newspaper and layering it.
Then use paper mache to make it softer and to add more details.
And finally use gesso, which is ideal for sand.
Then you can paint over it :)

English not my native language, hope I explained myself (:

I appreciate your advice on papier mache. I think the problem I was experiencing this last time was not getting enough water out of the pulp after blending it. It became too runny and hard to work with, plus the wall paper paste and glue seemed to be clinging to the water in some spots and creating globs of goo. I'm going to add toilet tissue to my mixture to thicken it a bit before using it again. It had been about 2 years since I made and played with papier mache the first time, but I do remember it being easier to sculpt with. I still have the head I made and there were fine details. This time I struggled just to get it to stick to itself when covering the foil. And that is good advice you gave about using strips of newspaper on the armature. I was strictly using the pulp mixture, this time over a wire and foil armature as the last time I did it without one and before it dried, it weighed a ton, which smooshed itself under its own weight toward the bottom of the head (the jaw). I was surprised when it dried and felt as light as air, which makes it an ideal medium to use for large-scale marionettes.

Hopefully the toilet tissue with fix the consistency issue. Thank you again for your advice. I'm going to work on it today, and your English is better than mine even with it being my native language :D