Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 10:32 am

Does anyone draw manga and/or anime art? Got any tips and artwork to share? Need help?

This is the thread for you.

I drew anime about 10 years ago, but then had a long hiatus and picked up in 2008. Now I take influence from popular anime artists as well as fanartists. One of my favourite manga artists is Hidekaz Himaruya (Axis Powers Hetalia). His style may be rudimentary, but it's easy to follow and take inspiration from.

Do you draw mainly fanart or original stuff? I do about 70-30 on fanart and original stuff in the manga/anime genre.

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 12:51 pm

As you're aware, I also draw in the anime/manga style. I've been drawing anime-style since I was about 11 or 12 years old, so that's about 7 or 8 years. My conscious is heavy over the fact that almost all of my portfolio has "squick" in it (mpreg and yaoi), so I'm currently working on drawing more wholesome images that I can show to my family. I'm currently working on an anime-style drawing of Gabriel Van Helsing from the movie Van Helsing, so I will post it when I'm done.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 1:02 pm

there's a program out there called Anime Studio that will let you do computer anime...

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 7:13 pm

well, ive drawn some, most of my stuff, even back in school, was mecha. Then i stopped drawing for quite a long time. I finally started things up again though.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

jocundthelilac
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 8:50 am

pakled wrote:
there's a program out there called Anime Studio that will let you do computer anime...

I've been looking for that program for a while, but ATM I use Paint.NET and GIMP, sometimes MS Paint.

I've started doing digital painting recently, mostly in anime style. I have a pic of Light from Death Note I did last week:

Magnús Scheving is my Icelandic rose :)