Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jan 2015, 10:57 am

I know mine. I've read the official meaning.i will post my personal meaning in due time.What is yours?

“Men passionately desire to live after death, but they often pass away without noticing the fact that the memory of a really good person always lives. It is impressed upon the next generation, and is transmitted again to the children. Is that not an immortality worth striving for? ”
― Pyotr Kropotkin, Memoirs of a Revolutionist

Mrrandomman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2015, 11:16 pm

Weird video. I like the video and the song, but I'm not sure what it's about.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 3:46 am

You crazy kids with your vague, cryptic lyricism. Based largely on the title, I'm going to assume it's a critique on consumerism, the type of materialistic things we chase after and/or are marketed to us which give us the illusion of happiness but ultimately leave us feeling empty (based on lyrics like "You've got a new horizon it's ephemeral style"?).

That's my guess, at least.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 4:15 am

Much love for Gorillaz. There was nothing I played more in my 1st car. I don't really see this as a critique of any economic mentality as much as it is a critique of the hurried, quantized and overextended ways in which many people live their lives - I believe it suggests that people ought to focus more on the well-being of one another than they do on self-interest and personal achievement. I believe this is a reminder that modern societies place far too much value on things we do alone. To me it says that everyone rejoins a unified existence, preferably sometime before they die.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: