Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2012, 6:17 pm

I want to learn how to sing, everyone says I'm alright, but not perfect, at singing. I DO have a kind of monotone voice, but I CAN get out of the monotone when I sing, but I have a low pitched voice for a girl, so I can't go above my vocal range. I was thinking of getting lessons, how easy is it to learn to sing better if you have Asperger's. I've heard there's a lot of musicians with Asperger's, but I have no idea if they had to practice harder than NTs. I know that I have a musical brain, so I can make up whole songs in my head and can hear music easier than I can hear normal sounds. (if I listen to music it's at a very low volume and I can hear all the words, but if I play a video at the same volume I play music I can't hear one word of it) so it should be easier, but I have no idea.

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 3:19 am

get a CD player with a variable pitch control, then play karaoke CDs and sing along at the pitch appropriate for your alto voice.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 7:31 am

it is quite possible to train yourself to sing, even talk, way beyone your normal vocal range.
i myself am somewhere in between a tenor and a baritone for my speech and 'basic' singing, but i can extend up to a high alto and sometimes even a low soprano pitch, without forcing my voice