Beer/Old Fashioned Soda Bottle Cap Guaged Earrings

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2012, 10:21 pm

For some reason I thought of this. I would have to learn how to make shapes out of metal (I want the actual Non-bottle cap part to be some kind of metal, but I don't want to use an unsafe kind) I'll have to figure out the typical size for a bottle cap of a glass bottle and if it's to big to be an actual guage size I'll try to make it smaller. It seems like something I could do if I got some practice. Then I'd wear them or sell them online! or both! :D
How do you suppose I would make them. Like I was thinking making the plug and the gluing the cap on, but how do you suppose I would make the plug in the first place?

And yes, there would be people who would want to wear these.

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

DJRAVEN66
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2012, 12:40 am

take a bottel cap with you and buy a plug that is a little bite bigger than the bottle cap. then you can carve down the pluge till the bottle cape fits on it and super glue the cap to the pluge. it may take some time to do but ive done it befor for a friend of mine befor so it can be done.