That wonderful feeling when you buy your own domain name

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ThePortraitPainter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2012, 4:58 pm

It was a scary step to take. So much responsibility to take on, so much money to spend. But I'm only going to live once and I don't want to die thinking, "What if I had my own name on the super information highway?"

So I've put up all the portraits I've been painting for months onto www.ashleyformby.com - please check it out. My ambition is to be rich and famous. I believe I have something unique to offer the world of art.

If you have any feedback, good or bad, I look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by ThePortraitPainter on 16 Jan 2012, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 5:01 pm

'yellow rocker' is the best

ThePortraitPainter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2012, 5:04 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
'yellow rocker' is the best

I'll have to do some more one colour paintings. I had no idea there was a demand for them.

alex
Developer
Developer

16 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

Don't see any paintings. All I see is a page of ads. Try taking the period off of the end of your domain name.

ktbug
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jan 2012, 5:23 pm

Nice work. I like Sad Girl.

ThePortraitPainter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jan 2012, 5:27 pm

alex wrote:
Don't see any paintings. All I see is a page of ads. Try taking the period off of the end of your domain name.

Thanks for pointing it out. I've fixed it now.

Rob-N4RPS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2012, 11:01 pm

Hello!

ThePortraitPainter wrote:
It was a scary step to take. So much responsibility to take on, so much money to spend.

I don't see a lot of responsibility involved with registering a domain, other than telling them who and where you are, and renewing them on time... One thing I CAN tell you: If you let it lapse, you'll pay dearly to get it back, or have to wait years for the 'domain sharks' to lost interest in it. It's easier to renew it on time.

What these 'domain sharks' do violates the domain agreement. My question is: How do they get away with it, when you and I can't?

So much money to spend? That depends on who you go through. There may be some place(s) cheaper out there, but GoDaddy has about the best rates out there, if not the best, for domain registration.

Have A Great Day!

Rob

ThePortraitPainter
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2012, 1:18 am

ktbug wrote:
Nice work. I like Sad Girl.

Cool. Does anyone here want a portrait by the way? If so please send me a message with a photo.

Rob-N4RPS wrote:
Hello!

ThePortraitPainter wrote:
It was a scary step to take. So much responsibility to take on, so much money to spend.

I don't see a lot of responsibility involved with registering a domain, other than telling them who and where you are, and renewing them on time... One thing I CAN tell you: If you let it lapse, you'll pay dearly to get it back, or have to wait years for the 'domain sharks' to lost interest in it. It's easier to renew it on time.

What these 'domain sharks' do violates the domain agreement. My question is: How do they get away with it, when you and I can't?

So much money to spend? That depends on who you go through. There may be some place(s) cheaper out there, but GoDaddy has about the best rates out there, if not the best, for domain registration.

Have A Great Day!

Rob

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. There are some cowboys out there people need to be wary of.