Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 7:41 am

I feel that the art, writing, and music category is appropriate for this topic. It may seem about gaming but it's about writing or creating in general.

I attended the penguincon convention over the weekend. Two panels I attended were run by Kevin Siembieda of Palladium Books. Palladium is the gaming company who does Rifts, Heroes Unlimited, Beyond the Supernatural, Splicers, Systems Failure, Palladium Fantasy, After the Bomb, Manhunter(Out of print), TMNT(out of print), Robotech, and Robotech Tactics.

I've been playing the Palladium Book games since high school seventeen years ago. I love the universe. The game system is a bit more clunky or inflexible than other more common systems like 3.5, but it's fun. I love Role Playing Games and this is one of the ones I enjoy.

And I was excited that I could meet Kevin Siembieda. I wasn't able to talk with him in the first panel which was 'How to be a better GM', but I was able to speak with him after the second panel which was 'World Building'.

I asked a few game related questions, and then he asked why I was interested in world building, and I said it was between writing and devloping campaigns for games, and also for writing fiction. He thought that was good of me, and said I should keep at it, and not give up my writing.

I held my external display of emotions in check, but inside my brain was going... OMG, KEVIN SIEMBIEDA SPOKE WITH ME AND TOLD ME TO CREATE AND NOT GIVE UP WRITING...

So yeah. I understand that he may have been saying it as a templated response, or be genuinely interested. I have no idea. But that made my day.

I'm asking now, has anyone else who creates, whether it's writing, or painting, or any other media, have you had a similar experience with someone you know, who is famous or well known give you words of encouragement or help with what you do?

My Blog
Deviantart Page

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2014, 10:08 am

I'm glad you had a cool experience. It seems as if they are few and far between among people on the Spectrum.