Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 2:30 pm

... It wasn't until a couple of minutes later when I left a comic book store that I realized I got a bit South Park-esque by exclaiming that, but it's true. I saw a picture of Archie dying on the front cover. And there was even lots of blood, but it had a more brownish tinge and looked kind of more like he spilled one of Pop Tate's chocolate milkshakes on himself. I flipped through the comic to discover that this was part of some new spin-off drama series where Archie and the gang are adults and therefore deal with some more adult issues. I also saw another comic about a week ago where there was a zombie apocalypse, because of course everything has to have a zombie apocalypse in it now, sheesh. :roll:

(Actually, I too am guilty of making a Halloween-themed story about a zombie outbreak, except it was much more g-rated with cute humanized kittens, who didn't have to die first, and at the end they were all changed back to normal and didn't eat anyone's brains).

I didn't read the whole comic and don't want to spoil it, but it was hinted at the end that Archie wasn't gone for good, but it was still like "my childhood has been murdered - literally!" Of course the comics where Archie's a teen has occasionally dealt with serious stuff like bullying, but overall it was meant to be a comic for younger readers of both genders and I wouldn't want it to be too realistic and have Archie get Betty or Veronica pregnant or whatever. But I guess if you're an adult you're supposed to read grimly-toned comics about murder instead of watching Jughead put a "curse" on the entire school where they could only speak in rhymes (That Juggie's got an awful power! Sour, bower, Eiffel Tower!), and the only way to make it stop was by making Jughead complete an insulting rhyme about Big Moose, and then getting pounded by Moose into next week. :lol: