Anyone here draw/make manga and/or comic books?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2006, 9:28 pm

I like to draw manga.I am currently in the process of re-doing "The Lord of the Rings",excpet Frodo is a 16-year-old girl named Fauna and Sam is 18.I am also working on a romance between a teenaged boy and girl...both have Asperger's.

-SpaceCase :D

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 4:32 am

What does "manga" means?

And could you show some of the things you have done. Sounds interesting.

I only draw a little bit, I wish it came more natural to me.

:D

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2006, 2:12 pm

Sweet. I've done some small projects for school--nothing major. A few pages drawn in a comic-book or graphic novel style, that sort of thing. If I was a better drawer I'd love to do a full one, but for the moment I'll just stick to novel writing.

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2006, 5:18 pm

corko - manga is short for anime-manga- which is a style of drawing most commonly used by the Japanese. this style of drawing was used in the cartoons of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh

i know this because at school i had an autistic friend who would do nothign else but talk about Pokemon... he got me into that till the point i becase obsessed with it aswell. he was always good at drawing but his drawing style changed from his usual drawings of villains etc with very small heads to that of anime manga. he's sit for hours making comics for Ash Misty and friends and the storylines too.... then went on to make his own characters drifting away from Pokemon to anime-magna in general. unfortunatly i dont have any of his work but he is avery good artist.
i like drawing aswell but i tend to use my own style rather than manga although sometimes i have a go at it.

Ice_Man708
Raven
Raven

14 Jul 2006, 10:32 pm

my girlfriend loves anime.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 1:06 pm

I like reading comic books nothing to do with anime. The "Sin City" comics and other Frank Miller comics. There not anime, but they're graphic and good. :D

EDIT: Sorry I misread the question :( I thought you meant read comics.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2006, 9:59 pm

Hi spacecase, I also like to draw, pleeease! show us your characters, I'd love to see them in manga style :)

Nitz
Raven
Raven

16 Jul 2006, 1:01 pm

Comic books and manga are my personal obsession, and I always welcome the chance to talk to people about them. My tastes are across the board, and I'll read almost anything that's in a graphic novel format ( so long as it's good, of course ), but my current favorites are Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto, Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist, Bill Willingham's Fables, Joss Whedon's Fray, Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers, Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch's Ultimates, and any number of X-Men books.

Interested in seeing what everyone here can do, in regards to comics. Though I can write a comic script decently, I suck at drawing.....

JJabb
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Dec 2014, 9:43 pm

I am obsessed with Comics and Manga. I love the medium! I started my own online publishing site last year and have beed thinking about how I can revamp it for 2015. I love to draw both Manga as well as a more cartoony style comic. Unfotunately there are only so many hours in the day to draw. Becasue of that I was thinking about opening up my site to host a couple web comics a week/month. But I am still thinking about it. I havn't done a lot with it in the last few months but I am thinking about how I want to get back into it. I will keep anyone who is interested posted. Just PM me and we can talk about it.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2014, 3:54 am

SpaceCase wrote:
I like to draw manga.I am currently in the process of re-doing "The Lord of the Rings",excpet Frodo is a 16-year-old girl named Fauna and Sam is 18.I am also working on a romance between a teenaged boy and girl...both have Asperger's.

-SpaceCase :D

Imagine how angry the Tolkien purists would have been if Peter Jackson had made that big of a change in the film adaptations of the Lord of the Rings....there would have been riots in the streets

I dunno if they're quite developed enough to be called comics, but since I was like 8 I've done these random doodles of well developed stickmen and dubbed the series The Parts. Had like a bunch of seasons that entailed funny/stupid retellings of such things as Jurassic Park or The Lord of the Rings and a few semi original plots about fighting Evil/dark stickmen, armies of Velociraptors, and other such goofy stuff. I've been thinking about starting it back up on a much grander scale recently. I've already done some tweaking with their body shapes and they might start looking like a hybrid of my bastard stickfigures and manga characters.