Ever cried at a movie/performance/show ?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2007, 12:07 pm

I've done it a lil' bit. ( SPOILERS ! !! !! !! !! )
S
P
A
C
E

N
O
R
E
A
L
L
Y
!

Aside from whatever Aspie-ness , I tend to have dry skin & eyes, & don't make moisture easily...so.
I cried at:
The ending of 40s movie The Ghost And Mrs. Muir. (The Ghost touched the body of just-died , old , MM , she springs up as the young middle-aged person he knew her as, as a ghost, they walk off into the sunrise. )
1950s movie Imitation Of Life, at its end ( "MY MOTHER ! I KILLED MY MOTHER!! !! !! !! !" ).
DeLovely (The Cole Porter story) , Ashley Judd , Cole Porter's wife , is dying , she and Cole (Kevin Spacey) cuddle goodbye - I welled up,didn't actually cry.

Jameson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 12:14 pm

Yeah. I've cried most times that I've watched "Good Will Hunting" (the "it's not your fault" part). I've also cried most times that I've watched "Life as a House".

Can't think of any others off hand, but I know I've cried in many more movies than that.

Air·is·water·with·holes·in·it. Think·honk·if·you're·a·telepath. Never·call·a·man·a·fool.·Borrow·from·him. A·tautology·is·a·thing·which·is·tautological. Hi!·I'm·a·.signature·virus!·Copy·me·into·your·~/.signature·to·help·me·spread!

rushfanatic
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2007, 12:27 pm

OH, Yes, Forrest Gump makes me shed tears every time! Beautiful story, esp. when he meets the mother of his child , and the child...is a typical kiddo. He is so relieved , and sits down to watch Sesame Street with him.....just tugs and tugs at the heart for me....

JDM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Apr 2007, 12:50 pm

I cry every time I see the end of "Unbreakable." That scene made Samuel L. Jackson one of my favorite actors.

foxman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2007, 12:51 pm

I cry during lots of movies. Also, some music. Like Mahler I, mvmt IV.

ChrissandraChrissamba
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 12:58 pm

I've never actually started to cry over a movie, but I've been close. I almost cried at the end of Titanic when I saw it at the movie theater. I don't think I would have been the only one, though. I nearly cried at the end of The Notebook too and my mum actually did start crying. I'm not really in to romantic movies or books, but yet I always feel like crying when someone dies in them. I really did cry once at a ballet performance I watched on DVD a few years ago because I thought it was beautiful. I also cried while reading Black Beauty once.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 1:08 pm

I cry when I watch Et, The Lion King, The Land Before Time and iRobot.
It must be animals and aliens that make me sad, I don't give a crap about the humans :P

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 1:50 pm

I cried from a video game! In Metal Gear Solid, Snake has to finish off Sniper Wolf. It was an emotional scene, and it got me to the core. In the third installment of the series, Kojima makes YOU, the player squeeze the trigger after a long, emotional scene, which made me cry and get sick.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 2:41 pm

No.

methinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2007, 3:34 pm

Not frequently but,sure,it's happened many times.A few noteworthy musical performances too,and a few books.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 3:54 pm

The end of Schindler's list
Anne Frank
On Golden Pond

Also, the end of Les Miserables...the musical.

DejaQ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 6:10 pm

I cried when E.T. was dying.

I cried at the end of the Green Mile.

I cried pretty badly at the end of Big Fish.

I can get close to crying any time I watch something related to Thomas the Tank Engine, even though it's typically not sad.

I cried during the Deep Space Nine episode "Far Beyond the Stars".

Jameson
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 10:02 pm

DejaQ wrote:
I cried pretty badly at the end of Big Fish.

I cried at the end of that, too. I love that movie.

Air·is·water·with·holes·in·it. Think·honk·if·you're·a·telepath. Never·call·a·man·a·fool.·Borrow·from·him. A·tautology·is·a·thing·which·is·tautological. Hi!·I'm·a·.signature·virus!·Copy·me·into·your·~/.signature·to·help·me·spread!

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 10:50 pm

I cried when Kadaj died in AC.

blacktext
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2007, 11:15 pm

In years past I shed a few tears during the endings of the films Empire of the Sun and The Lover.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 11:30 pm

At the Dennis DeYoung concert I went to but that was because my pepsi was Ice cold and I chugged it :lol: