Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2016, 5:08 pm

I use Pandora a lot at work, mostly because it's more convenient that digging through my own collection of MP3s and manually making playlists and syncing them to my phone, so I thought I'd post some of my more successful creations.

Funky Alt-Rock: Black Keys + The Heavy + Cage the Elephant + (optional) Elle King (thumbs down the grunge or it will take over the station).

East Coast Rap: Wu Tang Clan + Nas + Busta Rhymes + (optional) Mase, Puffy, or Notorious B.I.G., though you're likely to get them anyway. You'll also have to thumbs down the Dre and Snoop on this station if you want to keep it East Coast.

West Coast Rap: Dr. Dre + Snoop Dogg + Xzibit (you only really need Dre and Snoop honestly).

Urban Pop/Hip Hop: Rihanna + Beyonce + Nicki Minaj (swap for Cassie or Ciara or Ashanti if you want less hip hop or can't take Nicki).

Trip Hop: Portishead + Morcheeba + Mono (Moby can be added if you like)

90's Hard Techno: Prodigy + Crystal Method + Paul Oakenfold (add Rammstein if you want a Matrix soundtrack vibe)

70's Funk: Parliament Funkadelic + Zapp + The Nu Shooz (thumbs up or down to tune towards disco or soul)

Tarantino Radio: Dick Dale + The Commodores + Wanda Jackson + Al Green (add more Motown, surf, or soul to taste)

- Rick Sanchez

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2016, 10:21 am

I would use this if it were available again in the UK. A friend of mine recommended it to me a few years ago, and it seemed pretty cool with recommendations back then. A similar one is Deezer, but I haven't been able to access it yet, I might give it a shot.