difficulty keeping up with all of my ideas.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 9:02 am

The reason I am on this board is that I am an ADDer with alot of AS traits.

My whole life sorta revolves around making sock creatures...but now I am fixated on branching out into dolls....most specificly raggedy anne parodies....I just wish I posessed the stamina to churn out the visions that are constantly flooding my head. I get soooo many ideas...Most of them will come to me in a flash, and some of them will stick with me for years before I will ever execute them....So I wind up with a backlog of projects...each of which is a very time consuming endeavor.

Similar with my musical endeavors..When I am in songwriting mode, (which I am not currently)
I churn out far more material than I am able to focus on refining....and I can't stop the direction my mind ends up going in long enough to solidify anything before it it taken over by something else....(so I wind up with huge backlog of of half-completed material)

I guess I am lucky to have the visions at all...but it is frustrating at times..I wish I could work faster and with more focus.

Anyone relate?

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 9:11 am

Yes I can relate!

I have soo many started and never compleated projects it is silly.
Dustbins full :)

krex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 2:42 pm

Same here....Here is a "wild thought"...perhaps it is because we are meant to orginize the creation of things....ie...come up with the creation,design,plan,etc......and other people should be doing the manuel labor to see those ideas actualized?Unfortunatily,do to social phobias,difficulties communicating,executive function problems(and usualy poverty)...hard for us to break into being the "designers" while someone else impliments our ideas?Granted ,I enjoy the physical aspect of creating and wouldnt want to stop doing it but it would be nice to have someone "help".

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

05 Sep 2007, 3:01 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
I guess I am lucky to have the visions at all...but it is frustrating at times..I wish I could work faster and with more focus.

Anyone relate?

Yes thats typical ADD/ADHD. :) I can look around my room now and see endless incomplete projects. Its so bad I buy parts for projects knowing I will never use them. After quiting my job I slowed down and do the same thing in my mind alone but the
same thing happens in my mind I can not focus. I will see too
many tangents and start doing too many projects in my mind.
ADD is an evil twisted ba$tard it gives you the ability to come
up with good ideas that wet your appetite but it make it nearly impossible to make those ideas into reality.

SpectreWithin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Sep 2007, 7:54 pm

poopylungstuffing - what you describe sounds like the story of my creative life! I seem to have an endless string of unfinished projects and always new ideas popping into my head - which at the beginning I'll be very passionate about. Musically it happens to me - I have hundreds of pieces I've started - some are nothing more than a few measures, melodies or loops that never got built into full songs. And as for other creative projects - I always feel pulled in a million directions at once. It is so hard for me to stay focused.

This frustrates me to no end! I have not looked into whether I am ADD / ADHD but I probably should learn more about it.

Krex - your "wild thought" makes a lot of sense to me. I really get into the conceptual early part of creative projects and then often lose steam while trying to implement them. For some things like music I wouldn't imagine wanting anyone else to work on them but for other things - like computer game ideas I've had - I'd love to have a roomful of minions to help implement those elaborate ideas which I couldn't possibly complete on my own. But you are right - I just can't see myself being the head of a company or anything like that - I don't have the leadership skills, money, or desire to manage people. Maybe if I could clone myself several times...

As I get older (I'm 33 now) I'm starting to feel panicked about time running out and never being able to finish all the things I want to do creatively before I die. This makes me have trouble deciding what to work on because I feel I have to choose carefully since there won't be time to do everything. And this indecisiveness just hinders my productivity even more. :(

username88
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2007, 8:20 pm

I used to be very creative this way but since then Ive lost all motivation.. Hopefully one day Ill gain it back.