Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

alei
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2007, 10:01 am

I write a lot of these little snippets, I call them snapshots in time. I wrote this from a male perspective because I like to switch it up a little. To be honest I dont really identify as male or female, more like somewhere in the middle. Its tough to explain. Needless to say, I hope you enjoy it.

On the edge of a lake, frozen in time by the cruel trials of winter, a boy sits alone. The log beneath him, its chill creeping through his clothing, is all that remains of what was once beautiful maple, before it was shattered and broken. He chose this place because sometimes he feels like that tree, stricken by random bolts of lightening, and buffeted by thunder until he feels like he will explode. The wind that blows off the lake cuts right through to his bones, and freezes the tears on his cheeks, but he doesn’t mind.

Here, alone, he doesn’t have to explain the things he can't understand himself. He doesn’t have to explain where the anger that tears his soul to pieces, or the agony that rocks his very being originate. The wind doesn’t care. It listens to his thoughts, whispers comfort in his ears, and continues on its path. Through blurry eyes he watches as it picks up the snow on the lake, swirling it about it fanciful eddies, before letting it fall gently to the ground again.

He just sits, and watches, and listens.

Eventually, as dusk starts to settle over the lake, and the wind begins to pick up, he stands. Shaking the snow off of himself, he uses his sleeve to wipe his eyes. The stars, starting to peek out of the night, seem to light the way back to his own inner peace. He sighs, and as the small cloud puffs from his lips he feels relief, like the toxins in his spirit are leaving with it. He quietly whispers a thank you to the wind, and the tree, and the lake, and the stars, and heads for home.

My artistic side: aleigirl.deviantart.com

My ramblings and insights on being an adult with Asperger's: http://alei-cat.blogspot.com/

Last edited by alei on 13 Nov 2007, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quirk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2007, 11:12 am

That's excellent! It reminds me a lot of myself. Strangely, I really identified with the character.

LadyMahler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2007, 2:42 pm

That's a wonderful piece of writing, so full of peace and truth and feeling - thanks. Feel free to write more...