Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 1:37 pm

I've been working on some original characters, and I was wondering if anyone else has any they'd like to share. You can go into as much detail as you want. I'm interested in what you have to say.

-Vorzac-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2007, 2:06 pm

Y'know, I'm really tempted to post some of the character notes I've written, but I've sworn a vow never to put anything about my writing on the internet. the only thing I can say is that the best characters are built around archetypes, and then so heavily developed that their basic archetypes become a small but integral part of their character.

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 2:29 pm

I have an entire world in my head, it is my world and I have so many characters... I mean... wow, I'll scratch the surface.
Rexmas- A yellow-eyed warrior believed to be from the northern regions, he is the sole survivor of his village, driven by vengance and rage, he seeks to find the mysterious force who had wiped his village off the map.

Invictus- A expert elementalist mastering the powers of ice and fire, he is in search of the sould of his wife and child, who had been slaughtered years before by his own superior officer, The weapon used to kill them had trapped their souls within it's blade. He seeks to destroy the blade and free them from their torment.

Keeran- A good hearted man betrayed by the army he commanded, after going against his command and burning a neutral village to the ground, his own men murdered him, removing his jaw and leaving his body to be burned in the pile od dead women and children, He awakens from death in the pile, apoun his awakening the one who had brought him back to life, Kaylara a mysterious little mage who had forseen the betrayal, stating that the end of the world would begin if nothing had been done, Keeran now seeking to destroy the kingdom he was once loyal to, realizing that the hearts of men are corrupt and selfish.

if you'd like me to continue I have plenty more where that came from, and believe it or not all these characters have an intertwined destiny. (And in a way the same person destroyed their lives)

-Vorzac-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2007, 2:53 pm

hmm, would Keeran's surname 'Raziel' by any chance? :P

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 3:14 pm

-Vorzac- wrote:
hmm, would Keeran's surname 'Raziel' by any chance? :P
lol The jaw thing was in fact inspired by Raziel, but unlike Raziel, Keeran gets his jaw back, lol
Kind-of a homage thing, because Soul Reaver was the first game I ever owned that was 'my' game.

-Vorzac-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2007, 3:15 pm

how old are you, may I ask? and how long have you been writing?

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 3:17 pm

-Vorzac- wrote:
how old are you, may I ask? and how long have you been writing?

I'm 20, and I have been actually WRITING since I was 15, but I have been dreaming up ideas since I was 8,

SoccerFreak
Toucan
Toucan

14 Nov 2007, 3:39 pm

all my character's i've drawn, I used to write extremly elaborate stories with them

http://kamikazechris.deviantart.com/

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 3:45 pm

rexmas wrote:
if you'd like me to continue I have plenty more where that came from, and believe it or not all these characters have an intertwined destiny. (And in a way the same person destroyed their lives)

Your characters are all interesting. Please, do continue.

Coyote27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2007, 3:46 pm

I have several, but don't feel like sharing them just yet :)

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 4:14 pm

Perhaps I should go over a bit of background for the factions that exist as well as races, and classes of the characters in the millitary system, the factions are generally made up of three different race/ civilizations.

Faction of Order-
The Faction of order are the ones who want to bring peace and unity to the world, unfortunately the other two factions have their own agendas that are not related to the goals of the Order faction.
Faction of Order is consisted of these three Races/ Civilizations.
The Redeemed- The group that follows General Keeran into combat, they are all imbued with mystic powers that allow them regeneration, healing and force based projectile attacks, a majority of the soldiers in this civilization are warriors who had been resurected from previous battles, having their bodies restored to a prime state to do combat with,

The Numans- A race of individuals whom have cat-like traits, (such as larger ears, sharper vision, faster reflexes) However contrary to popular belief they were in fact created through the combining of a human and a wolf, to the eye one would not believe in the wolf origins, but their behavior is much like that of it's pack animal origin/ ancestor, as well as having the chief of a village being the strongest (alpha male).

The Elementals- The society that Invictus belongs to, though he is not elemental by blood he was taught to harness the powers of the elements, as you would assume the residents in this community has a very caste-based system, which is quite true, but there is not higher or lower status among the people. The Elementals are also VERY shamanic, believeing in spirits and very respectful of their anscestors.

I can continue if you'd like

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 5:11 pm

Try this one for size.

Juniper: A female assassin who will stop at nothing to change her target.
After going rogue from the NSA in a post 9/11 world, Juniper's nomadic behavior has turned her into a cross between a noirish femme fatale and a spy from the FBI.

rexmas
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 5:34 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Try this one for size.

Juniper: A female assassin who will stop at nothing to change her target.
After going rogue from the NSA in a post 9/11 world, Juniper's nomadic behavior has turned her into a cross between a noirish femme fatale and a spy from the FBI.

Ooooooh!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 5:51 pm

Juniper: Picture Tom Cruise's character in Collateral if Vincent was female.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 6:21 pm

Interesting stuff, guys. :)

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

14 Nov 2007, 7:06 pm

My world is also so large it'd take ages to scratch the surface! The principal character, when you get right down to it, is Koise Barlow. He is a descendant of an alien race from the planet Inithial, who arrived on Earth in the 1920s. However, Inithial's sun, Buline, went supernova and engulfed the planet, leaving the few aliens on Earth stranded. One of these alien races there are called Renons, who are bipedal, furry creatures with large eyes, blob-like feet and a handy tail. Koise's story begins in 1977, where he is born in Wellington. When he is two years old, his mother dies from cancer (yes, aliens can get cancer as well), and when he is 4, he and his dad get hit by a drunk driver when out in their car. Koise's father dies, but Koise survives and is sent to the local orphanage. There he meets Booger, another alien race descended from the Buline System, called Smilafs. Smilafs can have similarities drawn to Pacman, in that he has yellow fur, and is essentially a head with arms and legs, with the Renon blob feet. They become the best of friends and run off together when a fire burns down the orphanage (Booger swears it wasn't his fault this time).

The two find a bunker-like place on Somes Island, and transform it into an underground base/home/movie theatre.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there