Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 8:45 pm

I see a lot of articles about reptile abandonment and decided to write this story:

Part 1
I was a baby snake when my friend bought me at a pet store. My terrarium mate hid inside the rock.
“Hey Slither, do you think I’ll get adopted soon?” I said looking through the glass watching customers walk their dogs.
Slither squirmed over to me.
“You really don’t want to be some brat’s first pet, do you?” Slither let out a hiss.
“I do, though! We are ball pythons and we are known for being docile.” I said.
Slither shook his head.
“Well if you say so.” Slither said squirming away.
Soon, she came. The girl looked at me with excitement in her eyes.
“Daddy! I want the white and yellow one!” She said cheerfully.
“Okay sweetie. Let’s let the nice clerk know.” Her dad said.

Today I will have a family.

Part 2

Lucy always fed me my favorite food, frozen pinky mice and even put me in a separate enclosure to feed me so I don’t confuse her with lunch. I spent lots of time with my new friend.
“Eeew! Look at the slimy gross eel!” Lucy’s sister Brooke said.
“Scale isn’t an eel! She’s an albino ball python!” Lucy shouted.

Then my red eyes saw Lucy’s mom talking to Lucy’s dad.

“I’m so sick of that thing!” Lucy’s mom said.
Lucy’s dad said to her, “Lucy keeps Scale happy and healthy...”
Lucy’s mom interrupted him, “The snake is four feet long now! It’s getting huge!”
She said.

I curled up into a ball and tucked in my head. This doesn’t make any sense to me.

Part 3
Lucy was at her college orientation and couldn’t save me from this fate. Lucy’s mom put me in a box outside. What? I thought they allowed small pets at college. Another snake crawled into the box who is a foot smaller than me. She looked at me with a sad look in her eyes.
“Did you get too big as well?” She asked.

The end.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2019, 9:38 pm

Very nice. And sad.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 12:37 am

Don't end it there! Please, continue it.

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2019, 3:45 am

its a sad story.. no? ..

Lucys mom and lucys dad argue every day .. somethings been wrong with this household .. they forgot what love is long time ago..

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2019, 3:50 am

oscarinthewild wrote:
its a sad story.. no? ..

Lucys mom and lucys dad argue every day .. somethings been wrong with this household .. they forgot what love is long time ago..

Their adopted son joselito.. sleeping boys and girls since they were fifteen and snorting things all together.. their other adopted son jamal .. cant stand them all and want to blow the house up..

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2019, 8:28 am

oscarinthewild wrote:
oscarinthewild wrote:
its a sad story.. no? ..

Their adopted son joselito.. sleeping boys and girls since they were fifteen and snorting things all together.. their other adopted son jamal .. cant stand them all and want to blow the house up..

lucy had a dream .. "hey lucy , be careful with your college debt .. " lucy woke up .

who was that

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 3:22 pm

oscarinthewild wrote:
oscarinthewild wrote:
oscarinthewild wrote:
its a sad story.. no? ..

lucy had a dream .. "hey lucy , be careful with your college debt .. " lucy woke up .

who was that

Stop. This is my story about reptile abandonment....and stop messing with it.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 4:30 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:

You can only control what you create, not how people will interpret it - an issue faced by all creative people. In a sense, you should be flattered; you got someone to think about what kind of people these are who would so casually do something so terrible. At the very least, your story has fired someone else's imagination; that's quite a complement to the power of your writing.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 4:35 pm

I looked up ball python abandonment on the internet and came across an interesting story:

Naperville animal care workers provided a safe haven this week for an exotic refugee and its dinner: a black and brown 2-foot-long African ball python and a little white mouse.

"Always something new around here," Anna Payton noted with a chuckle. Payton is executive director of the Naperville Area Humane Society, at 1620 W. Diehl Road on Naperville's far northwest side, which is where the tale of the snake begins.

Payton said a worker was on duty the evening of Oct. 19 when "a gentleman brought a cardboard box" containing the python to the building's service door.

The worker then had "a very rushed conversation" with the man, Payton said. "He indicated that he wasn't able to care for the animal and then basically walked out."

Payton said the humane society typically deals with dogs, cats, and the occasional fish or bird, "so it is rare that we get exotic animals brought here." She added it was the first time a snake had been left at the facility during her 18-month tenure with the organization.

Humane society officials contacted Naperville police, and the python wound up in the care of the department's animal control unit.

Animal Control Officer Julie Kincade said ball pythons are legal to own and can be bought at pet shops or from animal dealers. They can reach 5 or 6 feet in length as adults.

"It's a really common pet snake, the one people would get for their first time as a snake owner," Kincade said. The ball python is neither venomous nor aggressive, having a "pretty easy and gentle" temperament, she said.

The python got a new, temporary home Monday afternoon with representatives of the Chicago Herpetological Society. John Archer, the society's president, said ball pythons are "very, very common, and widely bred."

"They're very docile, and they make very good pets," Archer said Tuesday. He said he expected the Naperville python will soon be "placed in somebody's home that knows how to take care of it."

Perhaps happiest of all at the way things turned out is that white mouse that also was surrendered at the humane society along with the python.

Kincade said the snake, at the time, was shedding its skin, and therefore not eating. That turned out to be a literal lifesaver for the white "feeder mouse" the python's owner had brought to the shelter in a separate box.

"We kept the mouse, and we named him Stouffer," Kincade said. Stouffer now makes his home in a cage on Kincade's desk.

"He doesn't know how lucky he is," Kincade said.

Source: Oh, for goodness snakes — python abandoned in Naperville

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2019, 5:45 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
oscarinthewild wrote:
oscarinthewild wrote:
oscarinthewild wrote:
its a sad story.. no? ..

who was that

I helped w my fair share .. soemthings wrong with this household qnd this village and it takes an outsider to have them be noticed..

Last edited by oscarinthewild on 21 Feb 2019, 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2019, 5:49 pm

Nobody cared about joselito or jamal . Kids are not alright. A dysfunctional mansion in a dysfunctional village.

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2019, 6:03 pm

kids stopped caring about the parents too .. coz parents never cared abt the kids.. pets running astray .. dad dances with the bear.. whats this whole village all about..

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2019, 8:47 pm

oscarinthewild wrote:
oscarinthewild wrote:
oscarinthewild wrote:
its a sad story.. no? ..

who was that

parents had flaws.. none cared, except whatever that whisper was.. abt this mansion , this village..

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2019, 9:02 pm

not only nobody trusts, but also nobody cares..

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2019, 9:03 pm

why.

oscarinthewild
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Feb 2019, 9:06 pm

Trampoline Elephantine