Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ollieholmes
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Aug 2008, 8:59 pm

I am a freelance photographer and have had several of my photos printed in magasines and books now and also sold a good few to owners of the subjects. I was just wondering if there are any other photographers here.

If so what do you enjoy photographing? Have you ever been lucky and sold any? How about websites? If your interested in photography and want to talk more you are welcome to drop me a line and i am always happy to talk photography.

My website if people are interested is here:
www.overthefencephotography.co.uk
As you can tell my main choice of subjects is vintage aeroplanes but i also enjoy shooting cars, landscapes and informal protraits.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2008, 11:57 pm

Hi and welcome :)
There are some photographers, weebo, gwenyven, and others (forgot names, sorry), hopefully you'll find more people in the "display your artwork" thread.
Oh, many have deviantart accounts :)

ollieholmes
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Aug 2008, 7:29 pm

I have looked at deviantart but for me it is not my type of website. Thnk you though.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2008, 3:17 am

Myself, albeit, have yet to get into it in the way I desire.
I posted a thread on here somewhere with some of my work.
I do all kinds, but gravitate towards portraiture and architectural.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt69677.html

I use a Canon 40D, but would love a 5D or a 1 DS mk II or III

serjohn
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Aug 2008, 6:45 pm

Very much into photography and have been since HS 20+ years ago. My passion is landscape which I tend to do in black and white. For that I use my old beat to death with an ugly stick Nikon F2. I have a D40 altho I tend to use that for taking pics of my sisters kids and things like the auto/motorcycle shows.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2008, 5:06 pm

Been into photography since I was a kid! Have had several SLRs, Minolta XG1, X700 (my old work horse & miss it a lot!), & XTsi. My most recent one is a Konica Minolta 7D. I shoot 100% digital now. Love it! Although I am looking into getting some kind of a set up so I can do digital black & white infrared shots. That's my specialty, but I no longer have a camera to shoot the high speed Kodak ir film. I shoot mostly scenics, but also photograph people (but that's a lot harder!).

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2008, 10:59 pm

got into photography about 3 years ago and really want to make it a career. this is some of my photography:
http://henrythehippo.deviantart.com/
i actually need to put more pictures on there.

I can't wait to take a formal class with a crazy artsy teacher who calls us all names like "sunshine" and "golden goose", and never let the man bring him/her down.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 2:21 pm

ollieholmes wrote:
I am a freelance photographer and have had several of my photos printed in magasines and books now and also sold a good few to owners of the subjects. I was just wondering if there are any other photographers here.

If so what do you enjoy photographing? Have you ever been lucky and sold any? How about websites? If your interested in photography and want to talk more you are welcome to drop me a line and i am always happy to talk photography.

My website if people are interested is here:
www.overthefencephotography.co.uk
As you can tell my main choice of subjects is vintage aeroplanes but i also enjoy shooting cars, landscapes and informal protraits.

I paint and do photography, lots of travel photography. I have published only a few in magazines but that was in the 80ies and nineties. Wish I oculd do more with it

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 4:03 pm

I do some photography.
I have many great pictures, but I'm too scared to share.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2008, 6:29 pm

Averick wrote:
I do some photography.
I have many great pictures, but I'm too scared to share.

I know how you feel...but odn't fears are the obstacles we put in our way of enlightenment, if we don't rid ourselves from fear we will not progress.